Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Guns
59 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Re: Guns

wracket wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
So, you think the shooter would still have gone to the school knowing the teachers and pupils would be armed?

I would be afraid to pick up my kid from an elementary school where there are gun-toting pupils!

The US needs to institute laws like those in Canada (or perhaps Australia, though not as familiar with them). Pandora's Box is firmly jammed open as regards to the gun culture, but there is simply no explanation for why anything more lethal than a .22 rifle needs to be bought by any citizen for any reason.

Indeed. I'd never send my kids to a school like that.

I'm afraid that the gun culture in the USA is too ingrained to see real change any time soon. People either love guns and the peace of mind they afford, or they are libertarians defending people's constitutional rights to bear arms. Very tricky!

Bizarrely, I'm not even sure guns are the real problem here. For whatever reason these outcast loonies feel the need to got out with a bang, with each event seemingly inspiring a later equally outrageous event. I'm not even sure 'gun control' would prevent these heinous acts.

Dec 19, 2012, 00:38

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: