Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Guns
59 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Guns

mikka000 wrote:
I don't feel the need to own a gun at all. I have no problem with highly controlled and regulated gun ownership like we have in Australia so people can shoot for sport. As a result, we have low amount of gun-related deaths compared to the US.

I remember reading an article years ago about how a mass shooting by some crazy-ass surfer in your country spurred an almost overnight change in public opinion about gun control. Perhaps naively I hope that moment is finally here for us in the U.S.
I'm in a similar boat to to Mu Mu in that parts of my city are extremely violent, and my job takes me right to the front lines of some of the worst shootings. I see way to much of that stuff, and would never own a weapon. I think we've already tried the whole "more guns will make us safer" experiment; didn't work out so well.
Cyber has a good point. We go overboard on just about every other aspect of our safety except for guns.

Dec 19, 2012, 06:40

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: