Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
God
Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

484 posts

God

God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex varient of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

That's actually borrowed from someone else's brain, don't know who. Don't plagiarise or take on loan; there's always someone, somewhere, with a big nose who knows. Maybe oneday no one will care where the idea came from, only what it is. Or maybe not.
It's nearly the first birthday of a religion called Kopimism. This philosophy student and a guy from Sweden's Pirate party founded it. They say information is the essence of everything and is holy, and copying information is their way of worshipping it. Not pirating, just performing a religious ritual, ha ha. So they were asked what Kopimism says about the afterlife and they go, nothing really, as a religion we're not so focused on humans. Which might be funny and original, or scary, depending on how seriously you take it. Information as a new god. Dunno.

Dec 31, 2012, 04:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: God

I don't know about all that but I do know that Jesus loves you, nothing to do with knowledge just that he simply gave up his life so you don't have to stumble about in the darkness trying to work out God for yourself, it's about love, and God is love and has shown us this in dying for us on the cross, this transcends all so called knowledge and it takes humility to admit that we have got it all wrong and to ask for his forgiveness, but if you ever should ask then you will see and understand the absolute truth and how simple and uncomplicated it really is, we are lost children who need to come back to their Father and accept his love, when we do we can see exactly what is wrong with the world i.e. that people have chosen the love of knowledge and worship of themselves as little gods instead of accepting the one true God and creator of us all regardless of race colour or creed, this message of love sounds like foolishness to a dying world that's trying to save itself, but as I said before if we accept the simple fact that God loves us and admit that we've screwed up and got it wrong then the light comes on and for the first time we see clearly.
Happy New Year.

Dec 31, 2012, 16:56

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

God could be an acronym for many daily expressions:

Get Out Demons
Good Orderly Direction
Great Odd Dereliction
Greeks offering Dolma
Greeks off Drachma
Grotesque Oppressing Dogma
Green Olive Dirty
Geek Only Door
Gangsters Offer Drugs
Girl Onerous Demands
Groop Obviously Delightful
Gentleman open Doors
Gook Offence Driving
Guard of Damned

Dec 31, 2012, 20:02

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

God spelled backwards is Dog, Bob spelled backwards is still Bob. You know how dumb the average person is? Well, by definition, half of 'em are even dumber than THAT.

Dec 31, 2012, 21:27

484 posts

HNY to you too. I don't understand why a loving god requires a blood sacrifice to cleanse his children of something nasty. What if god is a mad scientist, studying how his lab rats cope with each new maze, "Hmm, fascinating". But maybe the mystics are right, and love is the basic building block of everything. Good to see it like that.

Jan 03, 2013, 03:28

484 posts

:) How strange, I use many of these on a daily basis too. Actually Geek Only Door is a good name for a nightclub, one for all those who never go to nightclubs. Or a worldwide chain of them, like Starbucks. Could put Gangsters Offer Drugs nightclubs next door, to help them with their social awkwardness.

Jan 03, 2013, 03:34

484 posts

THere was this dyslexic theologian who spent years analysing the nature and properties of Dog. He was the guy who invented the word dogma, btw

Jan 03, 2013, 03:36

484 posts

Bit more

God's Orribly Doddery
Gladness Or Despair
Goths Offer Den
Ghastly Orange Dry
Geeks Owe Debt
Gotta Occupy Definitely
Gorillas Orangutans Dissent
Game Of Dust
Guardians On Duty
Gently Overcome Damage
Gherkin Offends Digestion

Jan 04, 2013, 02:07

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

The blood sacrifice of Christ was required because the very essence of what life is, the central life force itself is contained in the blood.
Sin is a disease that we are born in to, it's passed from one generation to the next, it's in our blood, Jesus Christ had no sin and therefore his sacrifice (horrific though it was) was pure and untainted by sin and therefore acceptable to God.
There is no sin in God nor darkness nor evil, God is absolute purity and love, and this is why the sacrifice had to be pure and untainted.
God loved us so much that he gave his only son up as a sacrifice for sin, when we take this by faith and admit we need saving from sin then the light comes on and we see clearly, as far as God is concerned when we believe in Jesus Christ and his death and resurrection we have passed through judgement and in to life, because God is completely satisfied with Jesus sacrifice he imputes all the benefits of that to us.
Sounds mad doesn't it? which is exactly what I thought when I first heard it, but it truly is good news, God loves us hugely, so much so that he gave up his only son to die for us, if you ask you will receive and understand.
God bless you, Joe

Jan 09, 2013, 13:28

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I'm heading in an Eastern direction because I had this realization that Eastern was bigger than Western. That I'm tired of closed minds and I really need my robots and my singularity. That's what I'm going to do. We think we're so big and fancy. I think it might be a lie. Plus they have DisneyWorld in Japan. I need to save my money and then earn some

Jan 09, 2013, 23:30

Pages: 11 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index