Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
God
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: God

As I said the arguments are endless and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind with what they think, I have a message and the message is that God loves you more than you could ever imagine and the only way to know and experience that love is through Jesus Christ and seeing that he died for you so that you could truly live forever in bliss and love and peace with no more inner turmoil, ever.
Religion has confused the message with all kinds of doctrines about this and that which has obviously caused people to believe it's about something other than love.
The human heart longs for love, peace and acceptance but looks in all the wrong places i.e. drugs, politics, relationships and materialism, but there is always a deep rooted feeling that something isn't quite right with us and the world around us, that feeling that something is missing somehow, it is God that is missing and only he can fill that void with his amazing love, people pretend the void is not there but we all know it is in our quiet and alone moments if we care to give it some thought.
You will see this one day and you will understand how beautifully simple it actually is to have a relationship with God who made you and loves every hair on your head, God bless you, Joe

Jan 12, 2013, 23:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Thanks man.
You asked what am I up to? interesting question and it's made me think about it as I normally just go along taking each day as it comes, I think you're asking about what the world terms 'radical' stuff, well as far as being in Christ goes I have been asked to leave 2 churches because of my insistence about God's love and life in us instead of the importance of the particular church doctrines, 2 other churches I left because of 1/ extreme right wing doctrine 2/ Extreme charismatic doctrines.
It's not about doctrine for me but about God's love for people, I do support various organisations that show the practical love of God i.e. physical needs and comfort in extreme circumstances.
Is this what you meant?
The church we currently attend are very loving and accepting of differences of opinion, which is great for us as we've not experienced that in a church before (when I say we I mean my wife, son and I)
Many Christians seem to have a problem with the way I speak about God, I believe it's because I don't fit in with their idea of what a Christian should be like, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's something else.
Jesus is here today, he is here in every believer trying to live his life through them as he promised he would, the problems arise when we put doctrines as more important than the actual life of Christ in us.
Jesus rose from the dead and lives on in his people, he never left.
Their are many 'radical' Christians today, you'll find them in places like Palestine and various parts of Africa, and many other war zones and places where the love of God is being shown practically (I'm not saying that only Christians do this kind of work,before anyone jumps down my throat).
I'm a family man so my responsibilities lie there first and foremost, I don't know if I've answered your questions very well or not.
Anyway, God loves you as you will find out if you ask him earnestly, take care, cheers, Joe

Jan 12, 2013, 23:34

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

lereostab wrote:
As I said the arguments are endless and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind with what they think, I have a message and the message is that God loves you more than you could ever imagine and the only way to know and experience that love is through Jesus Christ and seeing that he died for you so that you could truly live forever in bliss and love and peace with no more inner turmoil, ever.
Religion has confused the message with all kinds of doctrines about this and that which has obviously caused people to believe it's about something other than love.
The human heart longs for love, peace and acceptance but looks in all the wrong places i.e. drugs, politics, relationships and materialism, but there is always a deep rooted feeling that something isn't quite right with us and the world around us, that feeling that something is missing somehow, it is God that is missing and only he can fill that void with his amazing love, people pretend the void is not there but we all know it is in our quiet and alone moments if we care to give it some thought.
You will see this one day and you will understand how beautifully simple it actually is to have a relationship with God who made you and loves every hair on your head, God bless you, Joe

Thanks lereostab. Love is a beautiful thing. And hopefully some day you'll see that there are many ways to achieve these things besides your particular brand of religion.

Jan 13, 2013, 00:03

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

You completely misunderstand the message, there is a huge difference between the sort of love that you may share with your friends, or the sort of love you may share with your husband or wife, or the love a parent feels for their children, these are all necessary and powerful and we all experience at least one or two of these kinds of love, I am not speaking of these kinds of love, I am speaking of the love of God which is so powerful, so pure, so overwhelming and so comforting and healing for the soul that once it has been experienced all arguments against it are meaningless and any attempt to disprove or prove God becomes futile and ridiculous.
My message is that God loves you, I know he does and I know that you have not experienced this love yet but I pray you will because words can not describe something so holy and pure, I do know the way to receive this love though and it is through seeing that Christ died for you for the sake of this amazing love that can not and will not ever be experienced outside of him by anyone at any time, this is the message that God is giving to you right now, Jesus loves you, just simply accept this fact and then you will know, God bless you, Joe

Jan 13, 2013, 00:41

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

lereostab wrote:
You completely misunderstand the message, there is a huge difference between the sort of love that you may share with your friends, or the sort of love you may share with your husband or wife, or the love a parent feels for their children, these are all necessary and powerful and we all experience at least one or two of these kinds of love, I am not speaking of these kinds of love, I am speaking of the love of God which is so powerful, so pure, so overwhelming and so comforting and healing for the soul that once it has been experienced all arguments against it are meaningless and any attempt to disprove or prove God becomes futile and ridiculous.
My message is that God loves you, I know he does and I know that you have not experienced this love yet but I pray you will because words can not describe something so holy and pure, I do know the way to receive this love though and it is through seeing that Christ died for you for the sake of this amazing love that can not and will not ever be experienced outside of him by anyone at any time, this is the message that God is giving to you right now, Jesus loves you, just simply accept this fact and then you will know, God bless you, Joe

No, I didn't misunderstand. I'm not trying to disprove god's existence. I'm saying there are other paths.

Jan 13, 2013, 01:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

And to clarify, I mean other religious or spiritual paths to god in case you misunderstand again.

Jan 13, 2013, 01:12

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

OK, well I have explained simply and exactly how to experience the love of God fully through Jesus Christ and admitting your need of salvation and to be in a living active relationship with him, this is not just me as thousands of Christians from all denominations would agree with this.
Now please tell me exactly how I can achieve this through another path? please no vagueness just tell me exactly how to do it, I have been plain and simple in my instructions so that anyone who chooses to follow them would not be confused as to how to go about them, please give me in laymans terms another path, thanks, Joe

Jan 13, 2013, 01:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Do you not understand that there are other religions out there, with people saying that they also experience god? And that there are also people on spiritual paths at oneness with a life force that could also be interpreted as god? What is it that you aren't understanding about this?

Jan 13, 2013, 01:34

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Of course I'm aware of other religions and what they claim, but I am asking you to explain in simple terms how to go about one of these other ways of which you speak, please tell me how I can have oneness with God without Jesus Christ?

Jan 13, 2013, 01:37

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Wow.

Jan 13, 2013, 01:43

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index