Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
God
102 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: God

Thanks for replying.
I know it must seem like I think I know best and I understand why it seems that way, I'll do my best to explain it.
Before I became a Christian I thought Christians were the most obnoxious people on the planet and I hated their arrogance and small mindedness and their insistence that there was only one way, I was even party to an awful situation where a Christian couple were being badly humiliated by me and some friends, I'm obviously very ashamed of this now and feel deeply sorry for my behaviour, I was acting out of ignorance which is not an excuse but rather a reason, I mention all the above to try and make my motives clearer (I'll probably fail in this task).
So with the attitude that I had, why on earth would I become a Christian? I hated them so certainly would not choose to be like I thought they were.
I don't know how much of the bible you are familiar with but their is an account of what happened to a man named Paul as he travelled on his way to the city of Damascus, he was going there to persecute the Christians of that city when suddenly he was miraculously converted to Christ, I can't do it justice here but if you care to have a look yourself you can find his story in the book of Acts chapter 9, but anyway I had a very similar experience and it was the last thing I ever thought would happen to me.
So I went from hating Christians and what they stood for to actually becoming one.
When you've experienced something fully you no longer theorize about it because you now know it to be true regardless of what others may say, if I say to you that Stereolab sound just like Slayer or Anthrax you immediately know that I don't know the Groop because you do know them and how they sound, it's just like that for me regarding God, it's no longer in the realm of choice or maybe this or maybe that, it is an absolute truth that is unchangeable forever.
Yes I can see that what I'm saying sounds arrogant and small minded, but no matter how many times someone told you that the Groop sounded like Anthrax you could never agree and it's not a matter of choice because you know that you know.
This is why I ask people to tell me another way to know God personally apart from accepting Jesus death and resurrection, and I have asked that question many times and no one has ever been able to tell me anything that can be understood simply, whereas I have a simple message and if anyone cares to put it to the test they will see that what I am saying is true, but people resist even trying it to see if it's true, they would rather call Christians small minded and carry on not really knowing who they are or what the purpose of this life is.
True arrogance is thinking you know all about something when really you don't.
I don't know if this has made anything clearer for you, I hope so.
So please remember that God really really loves you and wants you to know his love deeply and personally and the way to receive this amazing love is to simply tell God that you're sorry for your sin, ask his forgiveness and thank him that Jesus died for you.
There is no question in my mind that if you do this earnestly from the heart then you will know what I'm on about all the time, because once you have experienced his wonderful love you won't be able to shut up about it.
God bless you, love Joe

Jan 20, 2013, 16:42

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: