Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
God
102 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Re: God

101 wrote:
wracket wrote:
101 wrote:
wracket wrote:
lereostab wrote:
God existed before the universe did, God has always been, He has no beginning and no end, He is eternal, that's what eternal means.

Actually I happen to "know"...

What's the source you're referring to? ... Wanting to know and knowing you'll never know is uncomfortable.

logic, science, empirical data, common sense

Think i screwed up the quote thing but never mind. I don't think logic, science etc applies to this kind of stuff. I don't mean the Bible-derived "proof" about Jesus as son of God etc etc, but the feeling or whatever it is that he has that there is sth more than appearances would suggest. The fact that something exists at all is the mystery that common sense, logic etc will never be able to cope with, it's completely outside the realm of science. But we search for answers, probably we just find answers because we're programmed to. I wonder if there's a single culture on earth that says "we don't know" about things they actually know nothing about. Every culture has its creation myth. It's a pretty recent invention to say we have no idea and have to just live with that. Will need time to get used to it, it goes against our instincts or something.

I think most religions think they "know". They will often say they "know" they know. And it does relate to science in that creationism is trying to worm it's way into the minds of innocent children.

If you look at something like zen buddhism, they may think our not knowing is knowing. Or something. Also, the hierarchical teachings of a church tend to assume the individuals don't know much, and need to be taught.

Feb 04, 2013, 05:51

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: