Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yes, more influences...
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Yes, more influences...

I hear Stereolab in some of the riffs and sounds in this one.

Jan 03, 2013, 04:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Yes, more influences...

And erm, it's ok if anything you post here has already been thought of and put in the youtube Stereolab origins series. I don't remember all of those either. The series is fun and greatly appreciated though.

Jan 03, 2013, 04:20

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

The opening few seconds and the Man With 100 Cells....

Jan 03, 2013, 04:20

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

at 1:40

at 2:38

Jan 03, 2013, 04:27

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

I actually heard one listening to "Chemical Chords" on the train the other day, just a fragment of something, but it was bugging me for a while trying to figure it out. Eventually I realised it was a slight quotation from "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones. Listen the for guitar line around 3:42, quite similar maybe except the chord progression goes up instead of down the scale....?

Who knows, maybe that riff came from somewhere before the Stones....look at the amount of old blues songs Led Zeppelin "borrowed" from :D

Jan 03, 2013, 18:30

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

Who knows, maybe that riff came from somewhere before the Stones....look at the amount of old blues songs Led Zeppelin "borrowed" from :D[/quote]

Jan 05, 2013, 05:19

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: I found a sound byte from Cobra at about 1:35

I win a glorious prize!!!

Jan 12, 2013, 00:26