Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Shopping and dropping
31 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Shopping and dropping

What do you do 101? I've been to plenty of protests over the years, though I haven't been out on the street for quite a long while. Somehow protests around here seem to get out of hand and don't accomplish much at this point in time. I was rooting for the occupy movement but locally it strayed from a path I agreed with, or just was more chaotic. I always vote, sign scads of petitions, contribute, write to a dozen or so politicians a year about my views, continually spout off to others and write about my views, try to educate myself, live my life in as good a way as I can.

If you want to get more politically active than that, say exactly what it is you're doing, instead of criticizing me. Go out and fight for your issues by joining a group that has a plan, or whatever you want to do. I belong to quite a few, contribute a little money to those I think have the right ideas and approach. Can't afford much at the moment though. So tell us what you are doing.

I know politics and different issues can seem hopeless and discouraging, but the more you learn, the more you understand the big picture down to the smaller details. The more people know, the less they make generalizations and lump a variety of things together.

Jan 21, 2013, 08:38

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: