Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yoko Ono albums ranked for you.
7 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Yoko Ono albums ranked for you.

The Greatest wrote:
velvetwater wrote:
I agree with your number 1.
This is my top 5:

1. FLY
2. PLASTIC ONO BAND
3. APPROXIMATELY INFINITE UNIVERSE
4. BETWEEN MY HEAD AND THE SKY
5. RISING

Well, we have four of the same albums in our top five. I was just noticing that the way I ranked them shows that I prefer her more avant garde work. I have the six more avant garde ones on top.

My number 3 is definitely not avant gard, but neither is yours. I think PLASTIC ONO BAND is definitely more avant gard than BETWEEN MY HEAD AND THE SKY.
So I don't really believe that our taste is different.

Have you ever listened to that Beatles bootleg where, while they are in the studio recording and listening to playbacks of REVOLUTION, you can hear Yoko talking very intimately about her (at the time new) relationship with John and with the group? All captured on Yoko's dictaphone!
I think it's incredible both for the revelations about her personality/feelings and for the music.
Really a stunning document for a fan of Yoko.

You can hear the original uncut unreleased version of REVOLUTION 1 while she is speaking, although a few years ago the track became available in much better quality without the talking:

Feb 09, 2013, 16:58