Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab - instore show at Rough Trade Records, 10th November 1991
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

djh
1 posts

Stereolab - instore show at Rough Trade Records, 10th November 1991

This was one of the first shows I recorded in London and still one of the favourites in my collection. Love that false start.
Can't remember why it stops at 19 mins, but let's just be thankful we have this :)
And be thankful for my hightech title screen!
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

http://youtu.be/waavrYs8vSA

Feb 23, 2013, 05:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Stereolab - instore show at Rough Trade Records, 10th November 1991

Great thanks for posting it!

Feb 23, 2013, 06:43

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Apparently, Laetitia didn't have time to change out of her school uniform before the show.

Feb 23, 2013, 07:13

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Hi Dave,

That's great, cheers for sharing! :)

I actually have an "nth generation" copy of your footage on a DVD acquired off ebay a few years back, but the quality was pretty ropey....nice to see a clean version! This came together with another 'lab show (plus a Spacemen 3 gig).

Was wondering if you filmed that one too?

Feb 23, 2013, 09:02

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

I believe that is Joe Dillworth on drums there, who now seems to be working with Tim again on "Cavern of Antimatter"

Feb 23, 2013, 09:07

mathieu
mathieu
176 posts

ouaw fantastik i love it......

Feb 23, 2013, 17:21

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

This is a great "Peng"/"Switched On" era show. They had some great shows from 92 to 96.

Feb 23, 2013, 17:41

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

At 2:10 'STEREOLAB singer wanted for vocal harmonies *'. Cool bit of groop history. Is this the bit of paper Mary saw?

Feb 24, 2013, 11:26

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
At 2:10 'STEREOLAB singer wanted for vocal harmonies *'. Cool bit of groop history. Is this the bit of paper Mary saw?

What a great moment!
I had watched this video ages ago but I didn't remember the ad, probably because it was not readable due to the poor quality of the copy.

Feb 24, 2013, 12:31

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I believe that is Joe Dillworth on drums there, who now seems to be working with Tim again on "Cavern of Antimatter"

So finally a new Tim Gane venture.
Is this his new main project or just a guest appereance?
I know it's just one track but it does not do much for me.
Also he has gained a bit of weight, hasn't he?
Just compare this clip to the Rough Trade one...another person!

Feb 24, 2013, 12:36

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index