Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab - instore show at Rough Trade Records, 10th November 1991
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Re: Stereolab - instore show at Rough Trade Records, 10th November 1991

I did like it quite a bit, but then again, I'm quite fine with the early krautrock infused 'Lab. It certainly does sound like Tim has gone back to his Kraut basics. What I especially enjoy is Tim's rhythm guitar playing, he plays great chords over this single droning bass D note. It's quite incredible how intensely he can play his guitar, something you'd never guess from listening to some of the Stereolab records. I think Tim certainly looks as you would expect from an aging man in his late fourties. I thought he was getting old when I saw the current press pics during the Sound Dust period ! ! !

Feb 24, 2013, 18:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Ah ah! Yes, he did start looking "old" after SOUND DUST, but now he is out of control! Maybe he drinks to much beer down in Berlin...
He is starting to look like Brian Wilson during his "bed" years.

I like krautrock but not particularly in Stereolab.
I am not sure about what I expect from him after Stereolab, but I like him most when he creates beautifully crafted genre merging pop songs.

I suppose it would be silly to expect material that sounds like Stereolab with another femal vocalist in place of Laetitia.

Feb 24, 2013, 18:57

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
At 2:10 'STEREOLAB singer wanted for vocal harmonies *'. Cool bit of groop history. Is this the bit of paper Mary saw?

Thanks for pointing that out!

Feb 24, 2013, 19:59

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

velvetwater wrote:
Ah ah! Yes, he did start looking "old" after SOUND DUST, but now he is out of control! Maybe he drinks to much beer down in Berlin...

Ouch. Who cares how he looks? And we all know the age of the band members, did anyone expect them not to look their age? It's not important imo.

Feb 24, 2013, 20:02

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

First of all, when you reach you late 40's you don't automatically become fat (unless it's due to illness and in that case I aplogise to Tim).
But I was just having a bit of an innocent laugh about a bloke I obviously admire!

Feb 24, 2013, 22:02

beak
5 posts

There's another snippet here...

http://vimeo.com/58787258

Feb 26, 2013, 23:43

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Bumping this as I missed it when first posted here (it was posted on a message board I frequent today). Amazing footage.

Jul 10, 2017, 22:08

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index