Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
post a song you love that you feel you maybe shouldn't
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: post a song you love that you feel you maybe shouldn't

I was working as waitress in a cocktail bar that much is true wooooo

Mar 11, 2013, 02:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

more_mellotron
more_mellotron
66 posts

Damn, someone already beat me to a Human League song. An obscure one at that.

Mar 11, 2013, 02:45

more_mellotron
more_mellotron
66 posts

Ok, here's one I'm really going to catch some grief over, and I genuinely do like it:

Mar 11, 2013, 02:52

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

more_mellotron wrote:
Ok, here's one I'm really going to catch some grief over, and I genuinely do like it:

I am totally jealous of Alex's Barbie collection.

Mar 11, 2013, 04:55

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't like "Open Your Heart". It's a classic.

Mar 14, 2013, 10:09

Normsk
Normsk
318 posts

True. I like this song also but am slightly uncomfortable with it, it's not a bad song though?

Mar 17, 2013, 21:32

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Normsk wrote:
True. I like this song also but am slightly uncomfortable with it, it's not a bad song though?

For me it is up there with "Two Princes"
and "Breakfast at Tiffanys" :/

I recall their other song, "Secret Smile"(?)....one time years ago in my work one of my colleagues was humming / singing along to this tune as he went about his business (with absolute sincerity), and came away with a classic misheard lyrics moment. His version went:

"Nobody knows it,
but we got a secret love,
and the fire,
burns in our hearts...."

Ahhhhhhahahahah! :D

Mar 18, 2013, 20:50

hito
hito
1745 posts

I think "maybe you shouldn't"

This reminds me of all the man rock type stuff that I would only hear somewhere else e.g.

"You've got the music in you" by whoever
Nickelback

Having said that, I once enjoyed this song but watching the video just now made me retch. Kind of "wealthy famous white guy problems" (strangely, all the suggested videos to the right were MBV)

I remember enjoying the chorus of this too

I don't exactly know why I liked them as I was well immersed in the finer things.

Goodness me, that was cathartic.

Mar 20, 2013, 21:41

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Apr 09, 2013, 12:36

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I was very young when that came out so I get a sort of nostalgia overload... but it's not such a bad song really yes no?

Apr 09, 2013, 12:38

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index