Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab cassette tapes
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Stereolab cassette tapes

anyone have any? outdated format, but I've always loved the aesthetic. I bought 2 Stereolab cassettes last week - Dots & Loops and Ping Pong single. Ping Pong arrived today. I really love looking at it.

I WANT MORE.

Mar 18, 2013, 23:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Re: Stereolab cassette tapes

I don't have any. When did they stop making them? They don't even mention the Ping Pong cassette in the discography.

Mar 19, 2013, 07:32

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

For a few years I only bought cassettes. I've still got quite a few that I'm gradually replacing. I had three Lab CDs that I gave away on here:
http://www.stereolab.co.uk/forum/stereolab/topic/2633/threaded/29924

I did have images of them, but I seem to have deleted the files - the cover artwork was a bit squashed up to fit the format, although the fold-out info on ETK worked quite nicely design-wise as I recall.

I much prefer CDs to cassettes.

Mar 19, 2013, 11:15

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

meanchico wrote:
anyone have any? outdated format, but I've always loved the aesthetic.

Hipster! Hahahaha, just kidding. I too used to buy original cassettes, but it was before I got into Stereolab. I got rid of most of them in trades in second hand record stores, but still have a few kicking around which I used to listen to in my old car. Charity shops are a great source for these, same goes for VHS tapes also, dirt cheap :)

Mar 19, 2013, 20:00

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

clarification: I only want to collect Stereolab cassettes. it's more of a collector-motivated thing than a hip thing.

Mar 19, 2013, 20:08

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Neat! :)

Mar 19, 2013, 20:40

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

I already have so many Stereolab "objects" I have to try not to think about wanting their cassettes too. :)

Mar 19, 2013, 21:43

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

There's a Stereolab cassette rarity that exists. It's something to do with a George Harrison uncleared sample. I think the offending sample was ultimately removed but it exists on a cassette, possibly an American promo cassette. Somebody will know??!!

I agree, though, cassettes are cool. I just bought a Walkman to play my new collection of tapes!

Mar 19, 2013, 21:48

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
There's a Stereolab cassette rarity that exists. It's something to do with a George Harrison uncleared sample. I think the offending sample was ultimately removed but it exists on a cassette, possibly an American promo cassette. Somebody will know??!!

http://www.stereolab.co.uk/discography/1993/LP/transient_random_noise_bursts_with_announcements/

"The original version of this LP had a George Harrison sample on 'Pack Yr Romantic Mind' for which we were denied clearance - we had to re-record the track without the sample but Elektra had already manufactured some promo cassettes with the sample."

Mar 19, 2013, 21:53

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

fascinating!

I had no idea!

NEED

Mar 19, 2013, 21:57

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index