Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
bach remedies
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

484 posts

bach remedies

she's the greatest

I think he's probably god in human form. The way he hums and and sings along to his own playing is beautiful. I'm not sure about the theory of it all, but it's kind of mathematical, or formulaic at least. You take one melody, then another voice comes in at a different interval, doing the same thing, or else the same in reverse, or other variations on the same theme, a bit like an algorithm I think. Maybe you can end up with an infinite series, based on a single simple melody. Infinity within the finite. But it's better to google it all, i don't get it. There's this book called Godel Escher Bach that I tried to read a while back, goes into stuff like this but way above my head sadly. Too much computer geeky for me.

Mar 28, 2013, 06:51

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: bach remedies

[quote="101"]

she's the greatest

I think he's probably god in human form. The way he hums and and sings along to his own playing is beautiful. I'm not sure about the theory of it all, but it's kind of mathematical, or formulaic at least. You take one melody, then another voice comes in at a different interval, doing the same thing, or else the same in reverse, or other variations on the same theme, a bit like an algorithm I think. Maybe you can end up with an infinite series, based on a single simple melody. Infinity within the finite. But it's better to google it all, i don't get it. There's this book called Godel Escher Bach that I tried to read a while back, goes into stuff like this but way above my head sadly. Too much computer geeky

Apr 03, 2013, 00:19

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

The formulas are like a ritual and they ground me. The structures become familiar if you listen and study examples. I need that structure in this chaotic world.most everything else is superficial and harmful to the subconscious. I wish I had never heard pop music in my life. It's also organized crime. It's so awful it's a plague on this earth.

Apr 03, 2013, 00:34

484 posts

anything less than 3 mins should be banned

Apr 03, 2013, 05:20

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Well I hope you receive some benefits.

Apr 03, 2013, 06:13

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

People just blasting it from every crevice of the earth with no regard for mankind. If people are allowed to force these unconstitutional measures against us, and ransoming the virtue of our youth, the 22nd amendment in full affect. I didn't sign up for pop music buy something go fuck psychological terror. Compromise.

Apr 03, 2013, 15:42

484 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
[quote="101"]

she's the greatest

I think he's probably god in human form. The way he hums and and sings along to his own playing is beautiful. I'm not sure about the theory of it all, but it's kind of mathematical, or formulaic at least. You take one melody, then another voice comes in at a different interval, doing the same thing, or else the same in reverse, or other variations on the same theme, a bit like an algorithm I think. Maybe you can end up with an infinite series, based on a single simple melody. Infinity within the finite. But it's better to google it all, i don't get it. There's this book called Godel Escher Bach that I tried to read a while back, goes into stuff like this but way above my head sadly. Too much computer geeky

Thankyou Master slushs. I have contemplated the emptiness of your response. We are complex arrangements of floating atoms, tunnelling our way through space and time.

Apr 04, 2013, 07:37

484 posts

101 wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
[quote="101"]

she's the greatest

We are complex arrangements of floating atoms, tunnelling our way through space and time.

Is this the correct answer, o Master?

Apr 04, 2013, 07:39

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

No. Do I look like a little boy? My mom made us write that on all our monogrammed stationary from Neiman's as I loafed around in my velvet YSL for for children doing my best 1980's Fauntleroy.

Master 101 101
666 Satan's Lair
Box 3356890
Somewhere, Hell

Everybody got a kick out of it.

Apr 04, 2013, 15:14

484 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
No. Do I look like a little boy? My mom made us write that on all our monogrammed stationary from Neiman's as I loafed around in my velvet YSL for for children doing my best 1980's Fauntleroy.

Master 101 101
666 Satan's Lair
Box 3356890
Somewhere, Hell

Everybody got a kick out of it.

You sound confused again slushs, and you mixed up my snailmail address with someone else's. I live in godzone, everyone says so, it must be true. Perhaps some ancient wisdom will help you: "If we were to marry our heaven to our hell, we would see things as they truly are - finite".
Or was it infinite. I forget. Anyway have a go and see for yourself

Apr 08, 2013, 08:49

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index