Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Which band, exactly, is the “Greatest Band Ever.”
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

Re: Which band, exactly, is the “Greatest Band Ever.”

Why is Scotland and Wales not shown along with England? Did they separate or what? Last I heard the U.K was still a country. And while I am bitching about geography, when did Alaska and Hawaii not become part of the u.s? I guess if you have a small box you don't get a country at all. What do those little men mean? Why does michael Jackson only have one and arcade fire so many?

Apr 18, 2013, 13:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Why is Scotland and Wales not shown along with England? Did they separate or what?

Not yet, fingers crossed next year for Scotland :)

matthew6 wrote:
What do those little men mean? Why does Michael Jackson only have one and arcade fire so many?

I think it's supposed to indicate the number of members in the "band"....but polls like this are pretty meaningless anyway, it's just a small fraction of people's opinions at the end of the day. Seems like a fantastic money making scheme though, if enough people were willing to contribute :D

Apr 18, 2013, 13:59

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Jimi Hendrix isn't on there but Madonna (not a band) and Arcade Fire are? I wish I had worn my adult diaper before I crapped myself giggling.

Apr 18, 2013, 15:13

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2784 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
Jimi Hendrix isn't on there

He's right below Zeppelin, in 7th place best I can tell.

Apr 18, 2013, 16:31

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Oh I checked and double checked. Bad design or I need glasses and I'm 20/20 still. I guess it's because I've been foruming on my phone exclusively even though I have a new laptop. It's because I get this awesome access all the time.

Apr 18, 2013, 17:53

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
So is Led Zep winning in that poster?

I'd say:
1. VU
2. Led Zep/Stones tie
3. Dylan
4. Broadcast
5. Pink Floyd
6. Beach Boys

Cheeso has an odd sense of humor (as you can see above), but he privately shared with me his actual top 5:

1) The Beatles
2) John Lennon
3) Wings
4) L'Trimm
5) Julian Lennon

Apr 19, 2013, 00:19

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

wracket wrote:
So is Led Zep winning in that poster?

I'd say:
1. VU
2. Led Zep/Stones tie
3. Dylan
4. Broadcast
5. Pink Floyd
6. Beach Boys

Cheeso has an odd sense of humor (as you can see above), but he privately shared with me his actual top 5:

1) The Beatles
2) John Lennon
3) Wings
4) L'Trimm
5) Julian Lennon

You left out yoko screaming like a pig in heat.

Apr 19, 2013, 00:28

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

You left out yoko screaming like a pig in heat.

Jealousy will get you nowhere

Apr 19, 2013, 00:52

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

How is it that No Doubt and Weezer make the list?

No Doubt is the only female fronted group on the list?

Why are The Smashing Pumpkins and Foo Fighters on the list and Sonic Youth or Metallica aren't?

Surely The Cure or Depeche Mode should make the list before, Blur.

No Can, Genesis or Yes???

Apr 21, 2013, 15:09

484 posts

Yeah, and where's Sonic Youth. #1 band, everyone says so. Thurston's floppy hairdo give them the killer edge

Apr 22, 2013, 07:07

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index