Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
new BoC
55 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: new BoC

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
I think Broadcast's music was timeless and evolving. BoC seem more of a time and place than Broadcast.

Some of my favorite old obscure bands have released new albums this year after long layoffs. The vibe is gone.

It became true for Stereolab, too. I think. Even without the time off.

As they say in Trainspotting, "Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it..."

It's not a knock on anyone, just kind of the way it is, sometimes.

I think they've done a good job of recapturing the sense of wonder/mystery that has always surrounded them, which, I need not remind you, is one hell of a task in the 21st century era of total transparency and info glut. When I saw this for the firs time, it felt like I'd just spotted a glimpse of sasquatch, or the lochness. Perhaps a more fitting analogy would be hearing an alien transmission from space... In any case, I'm intrigued and really excited to see how this piece of the puzzle falls into place!

Apr 24, 2013, 02:09

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: