Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best of Stereolab
53 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Best of Stereolab

Now I am sure some people must have done this before but I can't find it. Anyway, it might have changed.

So, my thought was to put together a single CD that was (to me) the best of Stereolab. It doesn't have to be a hit single or even the best track on the album. I worked hard to limit myself to under 88 minutes (about the peak of a CD) so this is what I came up with.

1. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements\09 - Stereolab - Crest.mp3
2. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup\07 - Stereolab - The Noise Of Carpet.mp3
3. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Switched On\01 - Stereolab - Super-Electric.mp3
4. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet\08 - Stereolab - Nihilist Assault Group.mp3
5. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet\01 - Stereolab - Three-Dee Melodie.mp3
6. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Aluminum Tunes- Switched On, Vol. 3\02 - Stereolab - Cadriopo.mp3
7. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Cobra & Phases Play Voltage in the Milky Night [Import Bonus Tracks]\06 - Stereolab - Infinity Girl.mp3
8. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - The First Of The Microbe Hunters\07 - Stereolab - Retrograde Mirror Form.mp3
9. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Sound-Dust\10 - Stereolab - Nothing To Do With Me.mp3
10. K:\albums\Stereolab\OSCILLONS FROM THE ANTI-SUN 1\05 - With Friends Like These.mp3
11. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Dots And Loops\09 - Stereolab - Ticker-Tape Of The Unconscious.mp3
12. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Sound-Dust\09 - Stereolab - Nought More Terrific Than Man.mp3
13. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup\08 - Stereolab - Tomorrow Is Already Here.mp3
14. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Aluminum Tunes- Switched On, Vol. 3\07 - Stereolab - Seeperbold.mp3
15. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Dots And Loops\06 - Stereolab - Rainbo Conversation.mp3
16. K:\albums\Stereolab\OSCILLONS FROM THE ANTI-SUN 2\02 - Young Lungs.mp3
17. K:\albums\Stereolab\Refried Ectoplasm- Switched On, Vol. 2\13 Tempter.mp3

I tried to cover as many albums as possible without tokens (La Demeure was cut despite being their best and only post Mary track I had in the pool). I missed a lot of the early days too. It was hard to cull tracks from the Big 5 but I did my best. I don't have much in the way of obscure eps but I am liking ABC at the moment.

Any thoughts, alternate lists?

May 08, 2013, 15:43

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: