Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best of Stereolab
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Best of Stereolab

Now I am sure some people must have done this before but I can't find it. Anyway, it might have changed.

So, my thought was to put together a single CD that was (to me) the best of Stereolab. It doesn't have to be a hit single or even the best track on the album. I worked hard to limit myself to under 88 minutes (about the peak of a CD) so this is what I came up with.

1. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements\09 - Stereolab - Crest.mp3
2. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup\07 - Stereolab - The Noise Of Carpet.mp3
3. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Switched On\01 - Stereolab - Super-Electric.mp3
4. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet\08 - Stereolab - Nihilist Assault Group.mp3
5. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Mars Audiac Quintet\01 - Stereolab - Three-Dee Melodie.mp3
6. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Aluminum Tunes- Switched On, Vol. 3\02 - Stereolab - Cadriopo.mp3
7. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Cobra & Phases Play Voltage in the Milky Night [Import Bonus Tracks]\06 - Stereolab - Infinity Girl.mp3
8. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - The First Of The Microbe Hunters\07 - Stereolab - Retrograde Mirror Form.mp3
9. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Sound-Dust\10 - Stereolab - Nothing To Do With Me.mp3
10. K:\albums\Stereolab\OSCILLONS FROM THE ANTI-SUN 1\05 - With Friends Like These.mp3
11. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Dots And Loops\09 - Stereolab - Ticker-Tape Of The Unconscious.mp3
12. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Sound-Dust\09 - Stereolab - Nought More Terrific Than Man.mp3
13. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup\08 - Stereolab - Tomorrow Is Already Here.mp3
14. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Aluminum Tunes- Switched On, Vol. 3\07 - Stereolab - Seeperbold.mp3
15. K:\albums\Stereolab\Stereolab - Dots And Loops\06 - Stereolab - Rainbo Conversation.mp3
16. K:\albums\Stereolab\OSCILLONS FROM THE ANTI-SUN 2\02 - Young Lungs.mp3
17. K:\albums\Stereolab\Refried Ectoplasm- Switched On, Vol. 2\13 Tempter.mp3

I tried to cover as many albums as possible without tokens (La Demeure was cut despite being their best and only post Mary track I had in the pool). I missed a lot of the early days too. It was hard to cull tracks from the Big 5 but I did my best. I don't have much in the way of obscure eps but I am liking ABC at the moment.

Any thoughts, alternate lists?

May 08, 2013, 15:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

rtyler01
3 posts

Re: Best of Stereolab

hit single!!!!!

May 08, 2013, 15:59

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

it's too much effort to read.

May 08, 2013, 17:00

hito
hito
1745 posts

1. Crest
2. The Noise Of Carpet
3. Super-Electric
4. Nihilist Assault Group
5. Three-Dee Melodie
6. Cadriopo
7. Infinity Girl
8. Retrograde Mirror Form
9. To Do With Me
10. With Friends Like These
11. Ticker-Tape Of The Unconscious
12. Nought More Terrific Than Man
13. Tomorrow Is Already Here
14. Seeperbold
15. Rainbo Conversation
16. Young Lungs
17. Tempter

There you go

May 09, 2013, 01:38

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

no no no that's not right at all.

May 09, 2013, 02:14

hito
hito
1745 posts

Well, I am please this thread has elicited such thoughtful responses. I might have thought a Stereolab forum would have been the place to discuss this but...

May 09, 2013, 03:17

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

i did a best of but i made it a 3cd set.

May 09, 2013, 03:22

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
i did a best of but i made it a 3cd set.

I think this would work best as a thematic set:

CD1: early drone rock material
'Super 45' (1991) through 'Mars Audiac Quintet' (1994)

CD2: eclecticism & Chicago influence
'Music for the Amorphous...' (1995) through 'Sound Dust' (2001)

CD3: post-Mary Hansen
'Instant O...' (2003) through 'Not Music' (2008)

Set your iTunes to fill each playlist with 90 minutes of randomly selected tracks, and it'll work great.

May 09, 2013, 07:12

mikka000
1083 posts

No order in particular.

1. Super Electric.
2. Au Grand Jour.
3. Super Falling Star
4. Seeming and the Meaning.
5. Avant Garde MOR
6. We're not Adult Orientated.
7. Our Trinitone Blast
8. Golden Ball
9. Des Etoiles Electroniques
10. Ping Pong
11. L' Enfer Des Formes
12. John Cage Bubblegum
13. Mountain
14. French Disko
15. The Extension Trip
16. Melochord 75
17. Metronomic Underground
18. Cybele's Reverie
19. Noise of Carpet
20. Miss Modular
21. Diagonals

aaaand... I think i've run out of room. :/

May 09, 2013, 08:47

hito
hito
1745 posts

Thanks for the mix. I am enjoying it. It is different to mine. Some good insights into other albums.

May 09, 2013, 11:41

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index