Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
favorite albums of the 80's
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

more_mellotron
more_mellotron
66 posts

Re: favorite albums of the 80's

Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless
Kraftwerk - Computer World
XTC - English Settlement
Kate Bush - The Dreaming
Duran Duran - Rio
The Police - Zenyetta Mondatta
Talking Heads - Remain in Light
Japan - Oil on Canvas
King Crimson - Discipline
Tom Petty and The HeartBreakers - Damn the Torpedos (I know, late 1979)
Rush - Moving Pictures
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Beastie Boys - Paul's Botique (which I always think of being the '90s)
Peter Gabriel - "Melt"

May 24, 2013, 21:33

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Albums I would never in a million years expect meanchico to like:

1. Def Leppard - Hysteria

Lol (as I believe the kids say these days).

That album nursed me through my tonsilectomy.

May 24, 2013, 23:30

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: favorite albums of the 80's in the 80's

So you want me to say whether I think I am cool or not? My response should be to ask you why you want to know but this tennis is getting boring.
I assume you want me to say "yes" and then you will say "well, you're not". Zing. Moreover, anybody who says they are cool clearly is not so I would be stumped again by you.
Alternatively, I can say "no", to which you will respond "too right". Zing.
I doubt coolness is actually important to you so let's leave it at that.

May 26, 2013, 14:25

hito
hito
1745 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
Albums I would never in a million years expect meanchico to like:

1. Def Leppard - Hysteria

Lol (as I believe the kids say these days).

That album punished me through the late eighties.

May 26, 2013, 15:02

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

One of the best things I've read on this board. :D

May 26, 2013, 23:13

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

my parents and their peers were super into the 80's hair bands. my stepdad is actually a former lead singer for an early 80's bar band that was somewhat popular in the tri-state area. their band photos are the best. my mother started dating him after seeing him perform. super great guy.

anyways, they always had music playing when I was growing up. it was quite fun to rock out to crap like Def Leppard, etc with them. I think it influenced my listening habits (not necessarily taste) as an adult. I knew it was ridiculous even back then, but it also taught me that you don't always have to take music so seriously.

May 28, 2013, 01:29

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

meanchico wrote:
my parents and their peers were super into the 80's hair bands. my stepdad is actually a former lead singer for an early 80's bar band that was somewhat popular in the tri-state area. their band photos are the best. my mother started dating him after seeing him perform. super great guy.

anyways, they always had music playing when I was growing up. it was quite fun to rock out to crap like Def Leppard, etc with them. I think it influenced my listening habits (not necessarily taste) as an adult. I knew it was ridiculous even back then, but it also taught me that you don't always have to take music so seriously.

I'd like to see those photos (I think).

I'm not sure I'd totally trust anyone who didn't have some sort of hankering to rock out at least at one point in their life.

May 29, 2013, 13:15

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

B-52s Bouncing off the Satellites

Jun 01, 2013, 05:13

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

mnml

Jun 03, 2013, 04:52

484 posts

REM - Murmur
Smiths - Hatfull of Hollow
Sonic Youth - Goo
Pixies - Surfer Rosa
All have stood the test of time for me

Jun 04, 2013, 01:10

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index