Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
favorite albums of the 80's
77 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: favorite albums of the 80's

Not in order:
1. Big Science – Laurie Anderson (maybe the best of the decade, absolutely timeless yet so embedded in its own time)
2. REM, probably everything in the eighties. Murmur, Fables and Green are probably the best.
3. Bongwater – Double Bummer (I still love the range of songs on this album) and Too Much Sleep (a more coherent and dreamy album)
4. Butthole Surfers – again, probably everything in the eighties. Hairway to Steven is gold.
5. The Fall – Hex Enduction Hour (late to this)
6. MBV – isn’t anything. Is good.
7. Jane’s Addiction – Nothing’s shocking and S/T (so many great songs and amazing guitars)
8. Dead Kennedy’s – Give me convenience (A cynically titled compilation that is actually, conveniently, their best work)
9. Ministry – Land of Rape and Honey and The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. Yes.
10. Drugstore Cowboy Soundtrack. Amazing mix of songs and sounds.
11. Kate Bush – Hounds of Love, The Dreaming, Never for Ever (one of the best musicians in the world)
12. Sonic Youth – Sister and Daydream Nation (dark dark nights)
13. Pixies – Surfer Rosa (screaming at its best)
14. Beastie Boys - Paul’s Boutique (psychedelic gold)
15. They Might be Giants - S/t and Lincoln. Funny, melodic, weird, raw.
16. Suzanne Vega - Solitude Standing (one of my favourite artists)
17. Residents - Commercial (40 songs, 40 minutes)

May 20, 2013, 14:45

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: