Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your favorite rock band/artist per decade?
58 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Your favorite rock band/artist per decade?

meanchico wrote:
same here; more so of Kristin Hersh's solo stuff though.

2002 I randomly passed a now closed down record store when walking home from work and she was doing an in-store performance. it was so cool! she sang "Rainy Gazebo Tree" which I thought very highly of at the time. a lot of her stuff hasn't stood the test of time for me. I should've stuck around to say something nice to her, but was shy about that kind of thing back then.

I loved seeing her solo live, which I did a number of times. Good guitar player, and when her voice was strong, it was powerful stuff. I've always liked her lyrics too. Around the time of the reformed TM in 2002 or 03, it was a much rawer sound and they played super loud. I saw that tour and my hearing has never been the same! And it seemed to kill her voice. I was also changing in my tastes around then, so lost interest. But still like her older music and like to play it on guitar myself once in a while.

Jun 06, 2013, 07:08

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: