Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your favorite rock band/artist per decade?
58 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Your favorite rock band/artist per decade?

cyberpainter wrote:
[quote="meanchico"]

I loved seeing her solo live, which I did a number of times. Good guitar player, and when her voice was strong, it was powerful stuff. I've always liked her lyrics too. Around the time of the reformed TM in 2002 or 03, it was a much rawer sound and they played super loud. I saw that tour and my hearing has never been the same! And it seemed to kill her voice. I was also changing in my tastes around then, so lost interest. But still like her older music and like to play it on guitar myself once in a while.

I am very sad that I've never had a chance to see Throwing Muses live. Maybe someday they'll come back to the Chicago area. I saw her live a couple weeks ago, and she's better than ever (IMO). Impressive guitar playing, and lots of funny/interesting talking between songs providing insight into the meaning of her songs. She read excerpts from her book, too. Highly recommended!

Jun 06, 2013, 17:15

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: