Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your favourite album per decade?
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Re: Fantastic albums!

hito wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
)
10s - silent world (deepchord)

Where do you find this? I found a youtube clip.

Pretty awesome, eh?

Do you mean 'how did I discover this'?

May 31, 2013, 16:54

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

I do like this track

Some of the others were less enticing. Not bad but not as beautiful.

I did want to know where to buy it as a download (I see it now on boomkat). But how you came across it would be interesting too.

Jun 01, 2013, 07:33

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

.,mml;

Jun 03, 2013, 04:52

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

I'd recommend buying the cd. It'll sound awesome on your living room hifi ;)

I took a flyer on the album, it was Norman Record's album of the week the week it came out. I've never looked back. Turns out he's signed to Glasgow label 'Soma' in the UK.

Discovering Deepchord has led to the new (to me) genre of Dub Techno. Did you ever hear Basic Channel? It's like dance music the kids find boring. I love it.

Jun 04, 2013, 23:17

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

hito wrote:

1960's: White album - Beatles

easily my favourite album of all time... a creepy and illusive and forever shapeshifting masterpiece

Jun 05, 2013, 15:14

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

matthew6 wrote:
hito wrote:

1960's: White album - Beatles

easily my favourite album of all time... a creepy and illusive and forever shapeshifting masterpiece

I heard a news story about a guy who was purchasing as many "White Album"s as he could get and opening a record store that carried nothing else, just the Beatles "White Album" - it may have also been performance art.

Jun 05, 2013, 20:30

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

found the story http://www.dustandgrooves.com/rutherford-chang-we-buy-white-albums/

Jun 05, 2013, 20:31

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

1980's Smurf's Allstar Show - It really is the greatest! We know We know We know

Jun 05, 2013, 20:39

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Mu Mu wrote:

I LOVE THIS!!!!

Jun 05, 2013, 21:15

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

Me too. What a guy.

It's genius because the poorer the condition, the cheaper the price to him, but the richer the perceived history of the 'artefact'.

Jun 05, 2013, 22:47

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index