Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Your favourite album per decade?
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

I bet it's a bit dank and mildewy smelling in there. The way those old albums in thrift stores smell. Sensorama.

Jun 06, 2013, 07:12


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

I might have missed it but does it mention what is the lowest numbered album in his possession?

I have a vinyl White Album, not a first addition though... Would love to have one in the first hundred range but imagine they would cost a pretty penny.

Jun 06, 2013, 12:06


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

edition... obviously

Jun 06, 2013, 12:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

matthew6 wrote:
I might have missed it but does it mention what is the lowest numbered album in his possession?

I have a vinyl White Album, not a first addition though... Would love to have one in the first hundred range but imagine they would cost a pretty penny.


He says he doesn't - just concentrating on the cheap stuff at the moment - but would like to in the future. The low number thing has gotten a bit ridiculous:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/very-rare-no-5-copy-of-beatles-white-album-sells-for-5300/

Even numbers in the top 1000 go for 4-figure sums on ebay.

Jun 06, 2013, 12:31


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

Mu Mu wrote:


I love this story. I especially like the people who have no concern for value/minimalist art and do their own design on the plain white canvas.

Jun 06, 2013, 12:33


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

Harold Bissonette wrote:
I especially like the people who have no concern for value/minimalist art and do their own design on the plain white canvas.


Haha you just figured out the concept behind the album design. Fill in the (white) space.

Jun 06, 2013, 12:43


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

Harold Bissonette wrote:
matthew6 wrote:
I might have missed it but does it mention what is the lowest numbered album in his possession?

I have a vinyl White Album, not a first addition though... Would love to have one in the first hundred range but imagine they would cost a pretty penny.


He says he doesn't - just concentrating on the cheap stuff at the moment - but would like to in the future. The low number thing has gotten a bit ridiculous:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/very-rare-no-5-copy-of-beatles-white-album-sells-for-5300/

Even numbers in the top 1000 go for 4-figure sums on ebay.



oh shit... my favourite album with my favourite number... not as expensive as I would have thought

Jun 06, 2013, 12:45


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

matthew6 wrote:
I might have missed it but does it mention what is the lowest numbered album in his possession?

I have a vinyl White Album, not a first addition though... Would love to have one in the first hundred range but imagine they would cost a pretty penny.



Next time I'm in my storage unit I'm going to check my number out of curiosity.

Jun 06, 2013, 19:53


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

'tis a starnge world in which we live:

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_beatles_white_album_number_a0000001_is_up_for_sale


Anyone got 10,000 dollars (at least) to spare (for something you could have for about 30 if you don't care about a little number)?

Jul 17, 2013, 16:22


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: Your favourite album per decade?

GaryB2 wrote:
It's genius because the poorer the condition, the cheaper the price to him, but the richer the perceived history of the 'artefact'.


I quite like when you find some personal note scribbled on an old LP or a book.

I purchased a copy of Richard Brautigan's "In Watermelon Sugar" off ebay, and it came with a birthday dedication inside from some old hippy (presumably), it's very sweet :-)


http://oi40.tinypic.com/2j0fomh.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/iy25ih.jpg

Jul 17, 2013, 17:32

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index