Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)

I already have a bank to secure my money. Why should I pay a middle man?

Jul 18, 2013, 03:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

to handle my transaction. What a kick in the teeth.

Jul 18, 2013, 03:31

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Sorry I'll get the album somehow. I'll swim. :)

Jul 18, 2013, 03:36

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I won't let Cuban have until the Mavs win another Championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 18, 2013, 03:55

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

a cent not a cotton picking cent

Jul 18, 2013, 03:55

Bunker
Bunker
80 posts

The LP „Blood-Drums“ was recorded in mono and electronically processed for stereo.

ugh! why?

Jul 18, 2013, 04:14

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

Is this not exciting?

At first I thought this project was just Tim farting around, but now it looks to be a major endeavor. A double album worth of material, an interesting conceptual statement, Stereolabeque song titles, all from possibly my favourite musician of all time..... Well yes I am excited.

Jul 18, 2013, 07:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

Me too!

Jul 18, 2013, 07:31

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

'is a collection of music celebrating the dystopian landscapes of our globalised world. The grey day music of this collection is simply the music of its time. A mixture of different styles, of multiple, chaotic and temporally disparate influences, from electro to post Krautrock and other things as yet unknown. A kind of black and white psychedelia, produced not by utopian hallucinogenic substances but by that everyday sense of emptiness that can overcome you. The drunken headiness of better days is definitely collapsed in the gutter, like those computers workstations and cathode screens, abandoned on the sidewalk, just waiting for the crusher'

Jul 18, 2013, 07:35

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

matthew6 wrote:
Is this not exciting?

Umm, yes!

From the moment I saw that footage from the Berlin gig in February, I've had a good, good feeling about this. By coincidence, I knew about the Grautag label having stumbled across the strange Pharoah Chromium album on Discogs last year as a result of Tim's involvement, and it was clear that he was part of something that went beyond a mere bedroom project.

Also, while Tim has had a few artistic misfires over the years in his collaborations, work that he has made in his own name (Turn On, Unkommuniti (sorry to mention it again), even that track that's floating around that was played on a Berlin radio station a couple of years ago he claimed he'd asked Martin to put out) has always been compelling IMO. So once I heard he'd brought the groove and the looseness back, yes I was excited. Then, there was that track he gave to the ATP compilation, which hinted at further layers of subtlety so yes, I am officially excited, and in fact quite anxious with anticipation! It's a good feeling...

CT

Jul 18, 2013, 10:31

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index