Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)

GaryB2 wrote:
7.99 for one song on iTunes. Oh dear.

Woah.

They have Your an Art Soul and Blood-Drums on US itunes, and they're 99 cents each.

But confusingly, they have Sound-Magic for 9.99. Isn't that just one song?? But lists it as an EP, so perhaps it includes the other two? Huh. We might have to ask pikey.

Sep 12, 2013, 07:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

UK iTunes is basically the same. 99p for 2 tracks and 7.99 for the (10 minute, single track) 'EP'.

Actually, this really gets on my tits, why do UK buyers get charged more than US music buyers??

7.99>$9.99
99p>99c

It's no wonder people just stream or steal the music!!

Sep 12, 2013, 23:19

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
UK iTunes is basically the same. 99p for 2 tracks and 7.99 for the (10 minute, single track) 'EP'.

Actually, this really gets on my tits, why do UK buyers get charged more than US music buyers??

7.99>$9.99
99p>99c

It's no wonder people just stream or steal the music!!

Sound-Magic's Death Ray Destroys the Vortex and Has Union With Infinity (if that's the right track you're looking for) 89p download on Amazon

Sep 13, 2013, 00:23

The Greatest
The Greatest
309 posts

What is on the You're An Art Soul EP that's not on the LP? And are there any other non-album tracks?

Sep 13, 2013, 22:28

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

The version of "youre an art soul" on the ep and album are different.

Sep 13, 2013, 22:46

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Cool.

I spotted a second clip on YouTube.

Not sure if has been posted yet. Not quite as magnificent as the other tune (on first listen), but pretty nice.

I found those 2 clips as well. They sound good but it kind of appears he is going back to his Krautrock roots. It just seems a bit retro to what he has already done with early Lab. It still sounds fresh and while I thought Chemical Chords was really good; I thought it sounded to me like Lab was getting stale for Tim Gane. It just seemed like he had run out of ideas for what he could do within those parameters.

Sep 14, 2013, 04:35

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

Yup, those were on another thread a while back, was exciting to see Tim back doing his thing live.

Sep 14, 2013, 04:55

martin
183 posts

iTunes issue whereby they think that a long song is an album. Have taken them to task and although they are unable to make it 99 cents or whatever they have now made Sound-Magic $1.29...
Cheerio,
Pikey

cyberpainter wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:
�7.99 for one song on iTunes. Oh dear.

Woah.

They have Your an Art Soul and Blood-Drums on US itunes, and they're 99 cents each.

But confusingly, they have Sound-Magic for 9.99. Isn't that just one song?? But lists it as an EP, so perhaps it includes the other two? Huh. We might have to ask pikey.

Sep 14, 2013, 11:53

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Great, all 3 tracks are now re-priced.

79p and 1.29. Just bought them all!

Now, if we can get the LP on there at, say, 7.99 that would be FAB!

Sep 14, 2013, 12:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5921 posts

Thanks pikey! And I will buy the new album when it's available digitally. Since I will always keep my CD collection of Stereolab, Monade, Laetitia, etc, I wish it was going to be released that way, though admittedly I don't buy many other artists CDs anymore.

Sep 14, 2013, 22:14

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index