Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jorbel
330 posts

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP)

i'm listening to this for the first time (i think i'd forgotten that you can listen to the whole album via the Grautag site, which is pretty nice) and i like its elementality (minerality?)

Oct 13, 2013, 02:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I like the record. My only slight disappointment is that it doesn't really have that raw dirty sound of those original YouTube German clips. It's all a bit clean sounding rather than that distorted wall-of-sound of those clips.

Oct 13, 2013, 13:12

jorbel
330 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
I like the record. My only slight disappointment is that it doesn't really have that raw dirty sound of those original YouTube German clips. It's all a bit clean sounding rather than that distorted wall-of-sound of those clips.

i know i'm perhaps being lazy, but are those clips still on YT?

and what about the first material (a "single")?

thanks

Oct 13, 2013, 20:28

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

jorbel wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:

thanks

These are those:

Does anyone else agree that the roughness of sound on these is somehow preferable to the cleaness of the studio versions? More Sister Ray less Autobahn methinks.

Oct 14, 2013, 12:25

jorbel
330 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
jorbel wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:

thanks

These are those:

Does anyone else agree that the roughness of sound on these is somehow preferable to the cleaness of the studio versions? More Sister Ray less Autobahn methinks.

ah, those, and yes, i know what you mean, but in my case the cleanness makes sense with the brutalisme of it all

Oct 14, 2013, 15:25

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:

I agree. It's not as dismal as promised. Quintessentially canned krauty.

Oct 15, 2013, 03:33

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
Quintessentially canned krauty.

No pun intended, right...?

Oct 17, 2013, 01:28

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP) / New 12

martin wrote:
Yep, going to arrange a downlaod as well.
Martin

Hi Martin, I'm confused. Did this LP get a digital release? I see three tracks on iTunes. Didn't know if there was a different marketplace where the whole album was being sold digitally. Thanks!

May 25, 2014, 04:38

martin
183 posts

Re: Cavern of Anti-Matter - Blood-Drums (Tim's new LP) / New 12

The three tracks on iTunes are from the Art Soul EP released via Associated Electronic Recordings, all different versions to the album version.
The album is only available as vinyl.
Cheerio,
Martin

k. wrote:
martin wrote:
Yep, going to arrange a downlaod as well.
Martin

Hi Martin, I'm confused. Did this LP get a digital release? I see three tracks on iTunes. Didn't know if there was a different marketplace where the whole album was being sold digitally. Thanks!

May 27, 2014, 14:51

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

haha. I'm really upset because I ordered the latest and I haven't received it. I guess I need to contact the guy at the place. Maybe he hasn't mailed them , yet.

May 31, 2014, 10:05

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index