Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Children of Alice
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Children of Alice

jeff w wrote:
oh, it's all the previously issued material brought together

Really? That's disappointing.

Jan 13, 2017, 15:59

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Just listened to this

... and it's hot garbage.

Just a bunch of pointless sound, artlessly thrown together in what I'm sure they'd call a 'collage'.

Broadcast remains one of the best bands ever. This stinks!

Feb 28, 2017, 11:04

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Just listened to this

I think that's a bit harsh, but I was also underwhelmed.

it seems a bit like Witch Cults part 2, which might mean I'll think it's a masterpiece in 5 years. Witch Cults was not something I liked right away and I'm not super into the Ghost Box sound at the moment.

I listened to it, in it's entirety, twice and that felt like that was all I needed. all the elements we've come to expect from those involved. I guess I was hoping for at least one proper song. *shrug*

Mar 01, 2017, 01:27

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: Just listened to this

Yeah, might have been harsh. For some reason I had my hopes up for this project (not having heard it the first time around) and was let down.

I really don't get anything out of that Ghost Box sound at all. I mean, zero.

Mar 01, 2017, 04:58

vivakomeda
746 posts

For the record

John Mcentire specifically mentions this as his recent recommendation in a reddit AMA.

I guess I just don't get it.

Mar 10, 2017, 13:23

peturv
183 posts

Re: For the record

vivakomeda wrote:

I guess I just don't get it.

ditto here, glad I didn't pre-order a copy

listening to it the second time today and I still don't really have any positive reaction. feels a bit aimless (like much of the Focus Group stuff). I never really got into the Broadcast/FG album, it's only listenable because Trish's voice is in there

Mar 10, 2017, 16:36

mikka000
1083 posts

Just bought it! Enjoying it, prefer it to Witch Cults.

Mar 18, 2017, 07:31

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: For the record

"Aimless" is right.

I mean, it's arguably not even music.

Mar 18, 2017, 13:57

MarkLabGuy
1 posts

I'd love to see them live. I just heard new songs and I ahve to say awesome.

Mar 29, 2017, 08:58

Left-Boob-Oscillator
Left-Boob-Oscillator
17 posts

I have this album. I didn't really like it as much as the stuff that had Trish's voice on it.

May 08, 2017, 00:24

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index