Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Covers that are better than the original song
57 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Covers that are better than the original song

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
hito wrote:
I love this cover of the Blind Faith song. The BF one is good but she really nails it:

I hate to be the first to ever disagree with you on this Forum, Hito (;}), but the Stevie Winwood version still sends shivers. I did like that interpretation, mind. I really love this Bonnie Raitt warts-and-all cover. I don't think she ever did a studio recording of this, but there is another smoother not-so-good radio recording out there somewhere.

Oooops forgot to post it. Here we go:

It is a great song, and the original is best. Ellen McIlwaine has a great voice though perfectly suited for this song. Bonnie Raitt I'm not quite as fond of her style but she also has a great voice and an excellent guitarist. I saw her perform back in the day, I think I was in college and worked at the show to get in free. Also have seen John Hammond out here in Berkeley. No one has more energy on acoustic guitar than him. Saw Little Feat too.

Jun 11, 2013, 06:14

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: