Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
what I'm listeng to today the s_ My pretentios list liker
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

marcschaeffner
602 posts

Re: what I'm listeng to today the s_ My pretentios list liker

marcschaeffner wrote:
marcschaeffner wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:

you are so great! thought about buying me a copy of her 4lp work with the bbc radiophonic workshop.
there is also a release called "ohm" - early gurus of electronic music, that is totally great.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-OHM-The-Early-Gurus-Of-Electronic-Music/master/110524 (re-issued with a bonus dvd)

sorry, that i cannot listen to these pieces at the moment. i left this musical direction quite some time ago, but somehow this an re-entry point you created.

i was very much into klaus schulze and tangerine dream, you know. have you ever heard of the tangerine tree? (i have almost all of them at home and did digitalize the tree for my own means [250 GB]. (maybe a bit too proud about this). if you'd do a research you'll find a site about the tree and someone who offers these recordings for free via torrent. partly really great stuff. maybe as a good starting point i could recommend the Montreal, Place Des Arts Concert from 1977, pure magical brilliance recorded from a canadian radio station, called chom-fm.

cheers
m

sheer musical brilliance is the more correct expression i think!

Tangerine Tree Vol. 18 that is.

released officially as:

http://www.discogs.com/Tangerine-Dream-Montreal-April-9th-1977/release/788937

thanks for reading.
m

Jul 02, 2013, 11:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

marcschaeffner
602 posts

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."
William Gibson

probably this might help you out, it did so a few weeks ago for me.

cheers again (i'm not a strong drinker, but smoker (tobacco))

marc

Jul 02, 2013, 15:21

marcschaeffner
602 posts

marcschaeffner wrote:
marcschaeffner wrote:
marcschaeffner wrote:
s_lush_s wrote:
So here is day one of my pretentious classical thread.

this is anotal piece and I adore it.

& I listened to elgar elwood 'Nimrod" variation from "enigma variations," that I could not embed. available on youtube.

I'M HERE segregated for those interested in "classical" music. It is right to schism and provide to only who are interested enclave for those interested finding avant garde composers.
ci
If not I'll post all by myself. This thread of more of fascinating music.

do you know/are you a bit familiar with the work of john mcguire (feedback studio). his recordings are very very hard to find. i managed to record some at my time when i was with this studio (that is now gone, because the owner Prof. Johannes Fritsch has died). there are some re-issues on the "cybele" label from the catalogue the studio owned i know of.
trust me, you wouldn't believe your ears if you could get hold of "pulse music iii" for instance. some of the most beautiful electronic music that i've ever heard. very similar to steve reich' s "music for 18 musicians".
john mcguire was or is a composer, haven't done any new research on this.

m

http://www.discogs.com/artist/John+McGuire

idea: because of the rareness nature of these recordings i could share them (for you) on my nicotine/soulseek account, but i really do not want you or me to get in any troubles... .
very hard to find recordings these are, and this is not an advertisement.

m

oh, by the way:

nicotine/soulseek is a legal and free program as far as i know. one just has be careful what files are shared.
you've written that you own a youtube channel (which one)? there are a lot of things going on right now at youtube and other places, lots of channels breaking down, because of "copyright infringements", so be careful.
today was an article in our newspaper about NSA US-American espionage on Germany and Europe.
i had the "spotify" program installed via Wine (i'm on a linux platform) and the virus scanner always told, that the "spotify.exe" included a virus. there were people on the net which said, that this program containing this virus is "mostly harmless".
but there had been one day a few weeks back when suddenly my pc was infected. symptoms: browser didn`t work properly suddenly, thunderbird didn`t function although i was online. browser could only reach certain websites, the e-mail accounts website was blocked. this sure is a paranoid affair (black sabbath song). sorry for writing so much.

m

Jul 02, 2013, 15:54

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

marcschaeffner wrote:
sorry for writing so much.

m

If you really meant that you'd stop fucking doing it.

Jul 02, 2013, 16:29

marcschaeffner
602 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
today I listened to :

I thought it was amazing.

&

the other was Elgar Elwood "Nimrod" from Enigma Variations which can't be embedded

this one is quite superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4mxYVhvmg0

similar to "gustav holst - the planets" with a unique background story.

have fun.

Jul 02, 2013, 17:32

marcschaeffner
602 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
marcschaeffner wrote:

m

dear mr. bissonette,

do you want me to consider this as a personal thread? have you got problems with the things i have written, with this one sentence or everything in all? it is up to you if you'd like to discuss things out. but i do not like to be insulted by you. if you meant this, i think i'd better have reported your posting.

Jul 03, 2013, 15:25

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

marcschaeffner wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
marcschaeffner wrote:

m

dear mr. bissonette,

do you want me to consider this as a personal thread? have you got problems with the things i have written, with this one sentence or everything in all? it is up to you if you'd like to discuss things out. but i do not like to be insulted by you. if you meant this, i think i'd better have reported your posting.

What's your history around here marcschaeffner? Weren't you deleted for obsessive posting in the past?

Jul 04, 2013, 10:57

484 posts

meanchico wrote:
this thread doesn't make me feel like I'm suffering. I was just suggesting a blog-type setting so you could reach more people with your specific interests. it's always a bit disappointing when people don't respond very much to something you're excited about.

I felt similarly about the After Dark/Italians Do It Better stuff I've been posting, but it's just not everyone's cup of tea.

I think it's good when people post a variety of music on this forum. it's one of the main reasons I keep coming back.

I hope you recover soon from my psych rock thread.

I'm suffering from lack of laptop. I want to listen to everything but then I would never go outside, or sleep. I have a friend who cleans offices and they just chuck laptops out from time to time so he's keeping an eye out for me, he also found some LSD or sth or other in the bin and had a particularly enjoyable and surreal time with the broom that night

Jul 04, 2013, 13:38

484 posts

marcschaeffner wrote:
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."
William Gibson

probably this might help you out, it did so a few weeks ago for me.

cheers again (i'm not a strong drinker, but smoker (tobacco))

marc

I am glad to hear it. We are all co-authors of a gigantic Dostoyevsky novel starring clowns and assholes, exchanging hats on occasion just to keep it interesting. Self-awareness is the understanding that you are a character in someone else's dream. I heard this in a movie. Alternatively you are the centre of the universe and everyone in your life is here for you, even the assholes.

Jul 04, 2013, 13:57

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Jul 04, 2013, 21:29

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index