Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
No mp3s for Tim's new album. Vinyl only. Opinions?
63 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2133 posts

Re: No mp3s for Tim's new album. Vinyl only. Opinions?

hito wrote:
I laughed about the RATM. The thing that was funniest about the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" is that they edited that bit out for the TV / single. It's like snickering behind your hand or sticking up your finger when nobody notices.

In the two examples mentioned, I was speaking with people from the Philippines (as most of my colleagues here are), so often there are not that many shared cultural reference points. Means I need to try extra hard to not come across as pretentious sounding, especially as they tend to be such a kind and welcoming bunch :)

I was quite surprised that anyone still listens to RATM to be honest, I was into them briefly as a teenager on their first album. It's kind of weird to think that for youngsters today, that is probably considered a classic in the same way I would have viewed early Deep Purple or Led Zeppelin LPs back then....those seemed so distant, from another time and place. But I suppose just as much time (20 years or so) has elapsed now. Even for the early Stereolab....Tomorrow is already here, indeed :D

Oct 15, 2013, 19:05

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: