Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - thoughts

meanchico wrote:
where is the ABBA quote?

Listen to the horn section in "The Free Design"
....sound familiar? :)

Oct 09, 2013, 19:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
meanchico wrote:
where is the ABBA quote?

Listen to the horn section in "The Free Design"
....sound familiar? :)

At 2:50, just when the music kicks back in. it's a little cryptic as it's out of context, but once I noticed I can't help but here it every time now :)

Oct 09, 2013, 19:45

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
here

* hear

Oct 09, 2013, 19:45

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

it does, but I can't place it.

I'm a big ABBA fan!

Oct 09, 2013, 19:53

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

jeff w wrote:
Thank you for the opportunity to witter on.

Are you kidding, this is excellent, I wish you guys would witter on more often.

Oct 09, 2013, 20:04

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

same here. you all are really great at it. I'm somewhat envious since I have the same love for the music, but never seem to express it as effectively or eloquently as I'd like.

Oct 09, 2013, 20:20

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

meanchico wrote:
it does, but I can't place it.

I'm a big ABBA fan!

Dancing Queen, man!

Oct 09, 2013, 21:09

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

ok...MIND BLOWN.

Oct 09, 2013, 21:18

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts

Fuses opens with a brief Varese sample.

Oct 09, 2013, 23:08

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - thoughts part 2

jeff w wrote:

5. Italian Shoes Continuum
A good example of the “anything goes” philosophy. This is actually two songs, “Continuum” and “Italian Shoes” soldered together, with the join plainly showing. “Continuum” was actually a slightly older recording that had been abandoned, but then recycled for this album.

I assumed that these two pieces were composed with each other in mind. Is the first half "Italian Shoes"? Whatever it is called, I just love it. To me it sums up the mysterious and esoteric vibe of the album.It's oddly cheesy and deep at the same time. Possibly/probably one of my favourite Lab tracks.

Oct 10, 2013, 05:21

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index