Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts

really? huh. what about Microclimate? do you think that's her as well?

Oct 16, 2013, 13:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

The only male vocals I hear on a lab song is on Eloge D'Eros

Oct 16, 2013, 14:13

crest
crest
63 posts

matthew6 wrote:
The only male vocals I hear on a lab song is on Eloge D'Eros

How about the "Responsible for what I say..." parts in Motoroller Scalatron?

Oct 16, 2013, 18:00

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Fulton Dingley, as a matter of fact.

The only other instance: some Frenchman whose name escapes me on "Transporte Sans Bouger"

Oct 16, 2013, 18:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

crest wrote:

How about the "Responsible for what I say..." parts in Motoroller Scalatron?

I would have to listen, but I can hear Laetitia singing the low parts in that one in my head... not necessarily a reliable source. But yeah she can sing very low.

Oct 16, 2013, 20:05

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Fulton Dingley, as a matter of fact.

The only other instance: some Frenchman whose name escapes me on "Transporte Sans Bouger"

According to the sleeve that would be Jean-Baptiste Garnero, apparently from the band Spring, who I was not familiar with but appear to be "tweepop" (found this):

Also, Katharine Gifford sings on the song too!

Oct 16, 2013, 20:19

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I was always convinced that it was Sean O'Hagan since it sounds like a converted Llamas song to me. I figured it was just included with the backing track Sean would've provided. However, I think I recall Martin once saying that the part was actually sung by Fulton Dingley.

Oct 18, 2013, 14:44

postminimal
postminimal
283 posts

One of the groop's best albums. I think the 1995-1999 period was the strongest consecutive string of LP's, EP's in their history.

Emperor
Fluorescences
Dots and Loops
Aluminum Tunes
Cobra Phases

It doesn't get any better than this for me.

Oct 20, 2013, 02:56

hito
hito
1745 posts

It sounds like Laetitia and a male singing together to me. I'd always just thought it was her but on listening again, there may well be a male singing with her.

Oct 21, 2013, 14:17

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2139 posts

hito wrote:
It sounds like Laetitia and a male singing together to me. I'd always just thought it was her but on listening again, there may well be a male singing with her.

I think it sounds like Laetitia double-tracked. There does appear to be two voices, but I suspect they are both Laetitia....

Oct 21, 2013, 17:51

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index