Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts

postminimal wrote:
One of the groop's best albums. I think the 1995-1999 period was the strongest consecutive string of LP's, EP's in their history.

Emperor
Fluorescences
Dots and Loops
Aluminum Tunes
Cobra Phases

It doesn't get any better than this for me.

three of those are doubles too...

Oct 22, 2013, 01:55

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

am I supposed to go thru Cobra song by song and emote? I said it once, long before you were here, that I think it's the greatest roller skating album of all time. I guess it's worth repeating.

Oct 24, 2013, 02:38

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

interesting. I have a distinct roller skating (roller disco, specifically) association mostly with Vonal Declosion.

Oct 24, 2013, 15:17

matthew6
matthew6
1909 posts

meanchico wrote:
interesting. I have a distinct roller skating (roller disco, specifically) association mostly with Vonal Declosion.

I can see that... I suck at roller skating

Oct 24, 2013, 15:48

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

matthew6 wrote:
[quote="postminimal"]One of the groop's best albums. I think the 1995-1999 period was the strongest consecutive string of LP's, EP's in their history.

Emperor
Fluorescences
Dots and Loops
Aluminum Tunes
Cobra Phases

It doesn't get any better than this for me.

Yes, but I will also stretch the period up to SOUND DUST therefore including MICROBE HUNTER as well. Let's not forget the CAPTAIN EASYCHORD EP with those 3 fantastic B sides, all of them up there with the best Lab material!

Oct 25, 2013, 22:37

motoroller
79 posts

Totes agree, for me personally Sound-Dust is in many ways the pinnacle of that period for them. Twin peaks of Capt Easychord and Suggestion Diabolique are incredible book-ends.

Oct 26, 2013, 00:27

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

ah,too bad. I'm no champ, just when my kids would ride their bikes in a little enclave , I would roller skate to this album and it's good for that if you can get your mind there.

Oct 26, 2013, 04:10

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Fulton Dingley, as a matter of fact.

Fulton Dingley sounds like the most made-up name ever to me, but apparently he's a real person - he's got a decent CV.

Oct 28, 2013, 14:24

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I was an ice skater at about three. I was really good.

Oct 29, 2013, 01:13

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index