Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts
69 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Cobra & Phases - song-specific thoughts

Having said what I did by analysing the album too much, I have had great full album sessions with this one. I have been left wanting more. It is a super journey. I was just commenting on individual songs. In some ways, it is the wrong way to think about this true "album".

But I agree that some CDs (or most) are just too long. When groups like Bon Jovi can fill a CD, there is something wrong.

I would say that the CD also led to the unnecessary addition of "bonus tracks" that cause one to leap from his bean bag and hit stop. Live versions, 38 almost identical demo's, tracks that were deemed inappropriate for the album (yet now sit there), hit singles that were not on the album but now we want to sell more records to people who liked the single, awful remixes that involve somebody turning a 2 minute ballad into a 13 minute ear stomping, repetitive, housey, drummy,bassy track.

Oct 15, 2013, 05:19

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: