Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Mini CDs
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Mini CDs

I would love that. Japan seems to have gotten a lot of the 3 inch CDs.

Nov 18, 2013, 19:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

your love of mini CD's makes me smile.

what do you think of Microntronics 2? I wasn't aware this existed? more of the same from 1?

Nov 19, 2013, 01:19

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

It's all your fault. :P I will have to get a little shelf for them now.

Nov 19, 2013, 07:17

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

meanchico wrote:

what do you think of Microntronics 2? I wasn't aware this existed? more of the same from 1?

Well it even extended the numbering, starting off with microtronics 12. Some on the second one have slightly more apparent melody lines, some more noisy.

They both say "stereo recorded music for links and bridges". Interesting that they also don't mention Broadcast anywhere on the label.

What do I think of them? Well it's not like I listen to them. But when I have, It mostly makes me think about the songs that could surround them. They are quite varied in their ideas and sounds. They are interesting. I like 19 and 20.

There was talk on the Broadcast board about Microtronics 20 sounding like a Carl Orff children's music piece. http://forum.broadcast.uk.net/index.php?p=/discussion/146/microtronics-20/p1

Nov 19, 2013, 09:13

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I see that the second one was released in 2005 around Tender Buttons, so I can see that many of the slightly harsher sounds are like some of the sounds on TB. The other was from 2003.

Nov 19, 2013, 09:20

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
146 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

There was talk on the Broadcast board about Microtronics 20 sounding like a Carl Orff children's music piece. http://forum.broadcast.uk.net/index.php?p=/discussion/146/microtronics-20/p1

These were Broadcast's attempt to produce their own library albums, after what had probably been years of listening to this stuff.

I always thought Microtronics 12 owed a nod to this fine LP:

CT

Nov 19, 2013, 14:52

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I can't believe I forgot meanchico sent me a 3" cd compilation a long time ago, it's great! He has a real knack for these things. Another for my mini cd display.

Nov 22, 2013, 08:48

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

those were fun to make. I think the rule was that no track could be over 1 minute.

what was the image on the one I sent you? I think I gave out about 10 of them.

makes me want to make more!

Nov 22, 2013, 17:28

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

It was a boy with a puppet, looks like from the 60's and has a page number and heading "What I Can Do". And you called the mix Put Me in Your Pocket, and first track was that song by April Stevens. :)

Nov 22, 2013, 19:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I just put them up on display. Room for more, and I just got a Mum, and The Ventures.

Old school.

Jan 15, 2014, 20:34

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index