Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Mini CDs
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: Mini CDs

I see a whole lotta stuff I like in this photo.

nice display!!

Jan 15, 2014, 21:14

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I just put them up on display. Room for more, and I just got a Mum, and The Ventures.

Old school.

Awesome! I wish I could read the spines of all the cds. ;)

Jan 15, 2014, 23:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

The whole row of cds closest to the camera is Stereolab and related. :D

Jan 16, 2014, 06:11

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

And I have to say, in doing a little ebay searching for 3 inch cds, there is a whole lot of 80's crapola, and very few interesting ones. They never did catch on too much as singles, the cute little pocket cds. I also found out that the tall boxes, usually japanese releases, you can actually take the insert out and create the pocket envelope type case out of it.

On to the next collection obsession...

Jan 17, 2014, 06:03

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
So now I'm looking on ebay at mini-cds. Some nifty ones...

Another Japanese import...

Wrong! I figured out that some CDs are called mini LPs. It's just a regular size CD.

Jan 17, 2014, 06:11

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

I figured out that some CDs are called mini LPs. It's just a regular size CD.

Geesh, I mean they sometimes are called mini albums, which is what confused me for a bit.

Jan 17, 2014, 09:49

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:

I figured out that some CDs are called mini LPs. It's just a regular size CD.

Geesh, I mean they sometimes are called mini albums, which is what confused me for a bit.

I've seen them quite often referred to as mini LPs.
Seems to be a Japanese thing....

"Japanese cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissues feature unique jacket designs, often replicating the style and artwork of the original LP release."

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/music/c_sleeve/

Jan 17, 2014, 11:13

hito
hito
1745 posts

Coins of money...

Jan 17, 2014, 14:47

hito
hito
1745 posts

I have one of those microtronics CDs. I never listen to it. I should sell it.

Jan 17, 2014, 14:48

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

hito wrote:
Coins of money...

Interesting, Stereolab's song "Nothing to Do with Me" (from Sound-Dust) featured various lines from Chris Morris sketches as lyrics.

Jan 17, 2014, 19:11

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index