Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Mini CDs
67 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Mini CDs

I used to collect mini CDs, I had around 200 of them at one point by a wide variety of artists and styles, mainly Ambient, IDM and Experimental Electronica.

There were some great independent labels like 'Smallfish' & 'Cactus Island' whose CDs came in nifty little plastic cases with colour covers, sadly they no longer exist.

There are some labels still trading in mini CDs, 'Taalem' is one that I know of and certain artists such as the multi talented 'Brian Grainger' who also records under the names 'Milieu' & 'Coppice Halifax' he releases loads of limited run mini CDs in home made sleeves.

They are certainly very collectable, I went mad for a good 2 years or so collecting them and when I sold them I couldn't believe how much people were prepared to pay for them, some of the 'Smallfish' & 'Cactus Island' CDs were selling for 20.00 each,
I had several mini CD box sets too which sold for silly amounts.

All in all it was great fun and I enjoyed collecting them, it was a bonus that they turned out to be such a good investment as we needed to have the money quickly at the time I sold them.

Hope you find the ones you're looking for.

Feb 03, 2014, 19:21

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: