Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia reminisces
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1084 posts
Dec 11, 2013, 14:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
685 posts

Re: Laetitia reminisces

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 11, 2013, 21:20

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

short, but interesting. such an interesting period of time for the band. I'd love to read much more of what she has to say about it all.

Dec 12, 2013, 00:44

vivakomeda
746 posts

"It was the shoegaze era, which Iím not dismissing entirely, but some people saw it as the music of Thatcherís children because she killed the nerve in people. So there was this really dull thing going on where people looked at their shoes and had no self-confidence because Thatcher had crushed it."

In a deep field, this is perhaps the silliest thing Sadier has ever said.

Dec 12, 2013, 03:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I know. That frightened me her talking like that. Disturbed me all day. I was like, " s not shaving her legs helps her feel feminine?" That's strange.

Dec 12, 2013, 03:24

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

What a sad story, the shoegazers.

Dec 12, 2013, 03:50

mikka000
1084 posts

well she did say 'some people saw it as...' so it's not necessarily her own opinion.

Dec 12, 2013, 04:29

vivakomeda
746 posts

Doubt she would have mentioned it otherwise.

Just cringeworthy. Funny too - I was listening to Lush's Split for the first time in forever this morning, and had just reflected on how much I loved that LP (and still do). I assure you my feelings had nothing to do with Thatcherite oppression.

Dec 12, 2013, 07:16

mikka000
1084 posts

i've been listening to the 'gala' compilation recently. so good.

Dec 12, 2013, 09:42

vivakomeda
746 posts

Yes. And 'Spooky' too. Beautiful little record. Those guys really captured it

Dec 12, 2013, 10:28

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index