Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia is going to start giving voice lessons
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Laetitia is going to start giving voice lessons

That's what I like about this, the feeling of being involved and participation. Oh well, it's not about me. I'd even like one of my daughters to take a lesson, she's a guitar player.
I finally figured out how the speakers work, they play the music ! Oh! I've never been on Skype so this next week I'll be setting that up then the next week I 'll piece together my little work area.

Jan 11, 2014, 05:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

So jealous of you and other Londonians or whatever you lucky bastards are called, lol. ;)

Jan 11, 2014, 05:47

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Oh and she plays flute and she can actually sing.

Jan 11, 2014, 05:48

vivakomeda
746 posts

Do you agree with Laetitia that capitalism is to blame for the shoddiness of our swimming pools?

Jan 12, 2014, 01:10

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Do you agree with Laetitia that capitalism is to blame for the shoddiness of our swimming pools?

Eh, yes and no, if "capitalism" isn't parsed, qualified, narrowed down to something more specific. Much more specific. Blaming something like the shoddy condition of swimming pools on just the basic concept of capitalism would be silly, yes. But unless you're choosing to be an acerbic snot and interpreting what she said in the least generous way possible on purpose, then you surely understand that her analysis and critique is far more nuanced and complex than that. I fundamentally part ways with her at any point in which she would ever recommend overturning capitalism altogether and going full-on commie. But I recognize a fellow deep, knowledgeable, compassionate, earnest, imaginative human being when I see one, and I give her the benefit of the doubt as such. You, not so much.

Jan 12, 2014, 02:43

vivakomeda
746 posts

She is not knowledgeable.

Jan 12, 2014, 03:57

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
I think it would be cool if she put on an seminar/intensive for a few days for people who can't commit to the whole thing.!then we could learn some songs and hang out in London. You know 3 days or whatever.
That would be cool. We could finally have our convention/have a vacation. I know someone who likes to put together things like this. Just a wish.

Great idea!

Jan 12, 2014, 04:03

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
She is not knowledgeable.

Great response. Good job, good effort.

Jan 12, 2014, 04:04

vivakomeda
746 posts

Photophreak, have you met my friend Brevity?

Jan 12, 2014, 04:11

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

I actually mean it about s_lush_s's idea, though, hahaha. I'm abnormally skittish about flying or floating over the Atlantic Ocean, though, lol, so it might also be cool if prospective students in other continents could, like, pitch in to fly Miss Sadier over and put her up at a hotel where group lessons could take place in a nice environment, or something like that. What better form could a convention take? :) Even if I were a person uninterested in taking a lesson, I would pay for a ticket simply to observe on the sidelines. Seriously! Can't imagine too many things I'd be more fascinated by, as a spectator. I'd consider taking a lesson well worth the bus ride from Boston to, say, NYC. To say the least! :)

Jan 12, 2014, 04:17

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index