Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Polar Vortex"
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

"Polar Vortex"

For those in the US / Canada experiencing extreme low temperatures: keep warm, stay safe.

And wherever else you may be in the world too of course :)

Jan 06, 2014, 19:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

Re:

o yes with your Obey city EP no problems!

Jan 06, 2014, 19:45

meanchico
meanchico
2695 posts

Re:

it was -23F when I was waiting for the bus this morning; wasn't so bad until the wind hit.

I still prefer it to heat extremes.

Jan 06, 2014, 19:49

Mysteryhello
Mysteryhello
567 posts

Re:

it means - 30 °celsius. that's awesome.

Jan 06, 2014, 19:51

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

meanchico wrote:
it was -23F when I was waiting for the bus this morning; wasn't so bad until the wind hit.

I still prefer it to heat extremes.

Crikey, think the lowest I've experienced is around -15, in the harsh Scottish winter we had three or four years ago. Having lived in the UAE coming on two years now I must confess I prefer the heat extremes! But somewhere in the middle would be nice :)

Jan 06, 2014, 19:55

meanchico
meanchico
2695 posts

Re:

the lowest I've ever experienced is about -45 F with wind chills around -65-70 F in northern Minnesota growing up.

in the late 90's I remember a stretch of time where it was below zero for almost 3 weeks. it really gets to you. it also makes simple things like starting up my garden and taking brisk walks in the spring seem like the greatest thing in the world.

Jan 06, 2014, 20:08

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

meanchico wrote:
the lowest I've ever experienced is about -45 F with wind chills around -65-70 F in northern Minnesota growing up.

in the late 90's I remember a stretch of time where it was below zero for almost 3 weeks. it really gets to you. it also makes simple things like starting up my garden and taking brisk walks in the spring seem like the greatest thing in the world.

Yeah, it was like that in UK 3 or 4 years back. Usually the snow and ice just melts and disappears after a few days, but on that occasion persisted for about 6 weeks. It's so true about the contrast thing, it makes you really appreciate the spring when it comes.

Jan 06, 2014, 20:39

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re:

Everything is fine here. Occasionally it snows for 2-3 day fits. Then it goes away for a week or two. The temp is always about 40 f and it's always windy. It's dry.

Jan 07, 2014, 03:44

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Re:

It's really an odd winter here in the SF bay area, usually we get at least a little more cold, and some rain. Instead it's really dry (almost guitar cracking weather). And sometimes t-shirt sometimes light sweatshirt weather. Gets chilly at night. Not that I mind not even being able to wear my winter coat... We still have time to have a month or two of weather that goes down almost freezing, and nasty miserable rain. We need rain.

Jan 07, 2014, 10:41

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Re:

I grew up in NY so had some cold, but not like Ross is experiencing. Without the extremes, I do miss some things about the snow. Going out in the morning and the fresh white making everything really quiet, and all you hear is your shoes crunching the snow.

Jan 07, 2014, 10:48

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index