Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Why such political uniformity here?
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

Man, you've got alot of hatred and rage inside you.

I hope you don't treat people like this in your daily life.

It's ugly stuff

Jan 13, 2014, 08:23


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

PhotoPhreak wrote:
Can you read? Can you think? Are you brain damaged? Or are you just a useless pissant who likes getting a rise out of people by writing obviously false nonsense that you don't even spend two minutes contemplating, nonsense which -- if it applies to anyone -- APPLIES TO YOU.


If this was true, why don't you just ignore me?

Jan 13, 2014, 08:25


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

vivakomeda wrote:
Man, you've got alot of hatred and rage inside you.

I hope you don't treat people like this in your daily life.

It's ugly stuff


I treat phony assholes like you like this when they are offensively unfair to other people like you were to Laetitia. But over time I've learned to stay away from people like you. Unfortunately, and this is why trolls like you love the internet, a forum like this forces me to be in your virtual company. Other people might be unwisely tolerant of you, shit, maybe by now they have a type of Stockholm Syndrome where they consider you a friend, but I'm not fooled, not in the slightest. But anyway, yeah, because I'm not like like you, I find no joy in annoying a captive audience, so I'll leave soon if my calling you out for trolling is inexplicably disturbing people more than your trolling itself. And I'll leave anyway, probably, because it eventually gets dull for me having to speak up to dispel nonsense like yours. I don't get off on this, like you do.

Jan 13, 2014, 08:37


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

vivakomeda wrote:
PhotoPhreak wrote:
Can you read? Can you think? Are you brain damaged? Or are you just a useless pissant who likes getting a rise out of people by writing obviously false nonsense that you don't even spend two minutes contemplating, nonsense which -- if it applies to anyone -- APPLIES TO YOU.


If this was true, why don't you just ignore me?


Said like a true troll. Straight from the manual.

Jan 13, 2014, 08:38


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

Then why do you keep replying to me?

Jan 13, 2014, 09:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

Ok.

You seemed to get off on "destroying me" in the other thread.

Jan 13, 2014, 09:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

vivakomeda wrote:
Ok.

You seemed to get off on "destroying me" in the other thread.


Sure, it's always fun to expose someone's ignorance right after they try to embarrass someone else for being ignorant, it reminds me of Good Will Hunting, and I chuckle. But no, I didn't get off on it like a troll like you would if you were actually capable of doing that instead of just pathetically signifying it.

Jan 13, 2014, 09:13


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

vivakomeda wrote:
Then why do you keep replying to me?


Translation: "I know you are, but what am I?", i.e., the Troll Credo.

Jan 13, 2014, 09:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

This was rich:

<<>>

This is what he is calling being "shushed", about 650 words of mostly just questions he could not answer, because he's a feeble poser of a troll, not a good faith participant in a discussion.

PhotoPhreak wrote:
vivakomeda wrote:


You know what her talking points are. She espouses them in each and every interview, with virtually no exceptions.

Here's a fun one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfAG06HMo4

Somehow, she holds off on introducing her view on the "state of the world today" until 2:50. There's a "systemic problem", she informs us.

She hates hates HATES capitalism. Always alludes to it. Here she angrily says "not every aspect of human life can be sold or bought, you know".

Her awful, ignorant views on financial markets and rating agencies come up here. "Who are these people?", like she says in the song. "Who are these people"? (I guarantee, she doesn't actually want to know the answer). She blames "mathematics" for people not being able to borrow money at the same price (I wonder, would she lend her money to someone she doesn't think will pay her back?)

She suggests she could be the next Pussy Riot.

There's lots of talk about "the elite". "Bourgeois".

13 minutes is where the real ignorance starts.

I won't try to sum it up. Listen for yourself. Schoolgirl pamphleteer stuff. She even blames capitalism for the condition of "our swimming pools"!


Let me be blunt. I'm quite confident of this: You're talking out of your arse. I watched it. She's almost completely right. (The only times I felt she was missing the mark was when she veered into routine Marxist rhetoric, which wasn't often, only about 1/20th of what she said. Attributing all of our problems to profit/capitalism is absurd, humans have forever had most of the problems we still have today. The rest of what she said could just as well have been said by an observant anarcho-primitivist.) Her diagnosis was nearly 100% spot-on. Oh, you think she's ignorant? I assume you yourself know the names of those people queried about, right? Say, did you ever happen to notice any of those names in one of the countless long articles by Matt Taibbi, a guy who is surely not ignorant and whose columns substantiate what Laetitia said about ratings agencies? Or perhaps you might have noticed some of their names in a book by Nassim Taleb, who would probably agree with Laetitia re: being ruled by arbitrarily-powerful people who have an infantile grasp on the consequences of their decisions. Do you object to her preference for cooperatives? Because I sure don't. In fact, I think the Mondragon setup is a most sublime form of capitalism (yes, capitalism), a glimpse into as near a utopian arrangement as humans will probably ever be able to manage. I bet Simone Weil would agree with Laetitia about cooperatives. Is she wrong about swimming pools? Not really. Public utilities are being neglected, and it has a great deal to do with budgetary priorities dictated by lobbyists for what are colloquially known as capitalist pigs, the bad kind of capitalists, who possess a disproportionate amount of clout compared to all other capitalists, all other people. Do you dispute this? Do you dispute that people are being overworked and underrewarded despite the leisure time promised to us for ages by one after another technology revolution? (Now, I would remind Laetitia that responsibility is a two-way current, citizens are still free to choose to find an alternative path, to pool resources to build and repair their own public and private spaces, to re-shape the world via making different choices as consumers every day, to willfully defy the institutional forces she bemoans as oppressive. And I would ask her what today's "austerity" would seem like to humans who lived 200, 2000, 20000 years ago, humans who not only did not feel entitled to more from life, but who were able to enjoy life despite lacking the material benefits of 2014 or even 1914 -- amazing! Or not amazing.) Are you arguing that public transportation is properly valued in a society where almost everything is, as she said, geared for maximum profitability? And what's wrong with being the next Pussy Riot? Or, what's inaccurate about Laetitia's concern that she could possibly wind up being persecuted if she were more popular? Are you not aware of how many public figures have been persecuted in the world over the last 50 years for dissenting too well for their own good in front of too big an audience? Ever heard of the court case US v John Lennon? That's just one famous example. Should we, uh, not be afraid of dictatorships? You won't try to sum it up? Funny, because that's exactly what you tried to do, and you miserably sucked at it. What is your deal, man? Are you a bank-teller projecting your self-loathing onto Laetitia? Are you seething with misogyny, hence the totally unwarranted "schoolgirl" cheapshot? Are you prejudiced against the French, lol? You call her ignorant, but I came away with the EXACT OPPOSITE IMPRESSION, and guess what, I'm right, and you are wrong. Can you prove otherwise? Try it. I won't even expect you to articulate yourself in a non-native language like Laetitia did so remarkably well. Deal? So, go ahead, respond. Try to think twice before you hit submit, second-guess yourself as often as you need to, rehearse a mea culpa. Just some friendly advice.


This is maybe being all perceived as me being cruel, but I'm trying to alert the forum to a reality, as plainly and as colloquially as possible, but also as earnestly and as cogently as I can. This is a real distinction I am making: The member vivakomeda is a troll. He literally fits the definition. Please be more aware of this.

Jan 13, 2014, 09:38


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

Woops, dang tags. This is what was rich, coming from him:

"It's surprising to me to see how frequently I'm "shushed", essentially, for saying the things I am. Shouted at. Told to go away, like a kid who showed up at the wrong clubhouse."

I mean, did anyone see any shouting from me there? (Even when I put words in caps, it's only because THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR THE TEXT TO CONVEY AN EMPHASIS. Was I nice? No, and he didn't deserve niceness, did he? Is he the little kid showing up at the wrong clubhouse? Yes! On purpose! To annoy the kids inside! Because: He's a troll. And he's hardly surprised that people get pissed off at him, he fully expects and enjoys it, he's not just expressing himself, people aren't annoyed by him because he disagrees with them, people are annoyed by him because he's a dick who is intentionally being annoying and who has no genuine interest in exchanging ideas about the world and who has no real knowledge to share. Because: He's a troll, trolling this forum, for years. And apparently not held to account for it enough.

Jan 13, 2014, 09:51

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index