Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why such political uniformity here?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

He isn't a troll at all, he's perfectly reasonable.

Jan 13, 2014, 20:00

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

thomas2 wrote:
He isn't a troll at all, he's perfectly reasonable.

The hell he is. Or do you think it's perfectly reasonable to call Laetitia an ignorant schoolgirl pamphleteer? If there were some rival gang of fans who hated Stereolab and Stereolab fans, and one of them felt like launching a not-so-stealth assault on their message board in the form of empty and incessant contrarianism, it wouldn't look all that different from vivakomeda. Do you think it's perfectly reasonable to make the offensive generalizations with offensive implications that vivakomeda posted on this thread's first page, or to answer legitimate attempts to engage in the very discussion he supposedly is only interested in having in as open-minded fashion as possible...with nothing but the Pee Wee Herman retorts of a classic troll? He's not even all that clever at trolling, it's like he's borrowing maneuvers on the fly from the first Google results page for "How to Be a Troll", somewhat customized for the target of Stereolab-lovers. You cannot possibly believe that he isn't a troll after what he's posted in these two threads, not to mention the very act of creating this thread, a laughingstock of unearned and dishonest self-pity as a cheap gambit to aggravate and insult us, not even remotely a genuine search for answers to genuine questions he had. How can you not see that? Have you people never had to deal with a troll before? Is this why you've allowed vivakomeda turn your crank for years? Because you don't know what a troll looks like? Hint: Not like me, I'm an anti-troll, there's a huge difference. Hint: A troll looks just like vivakomeda.

Jan 13, 2014, 20:52

vivakomeda
744 posts

Sure, fair enough. Sometimes I'm the same way, once in a while not.

Jan 13, 2014, 21:53

hito
hito
1745 posts

I don't think there is uniformity either in opinion or manner. I have had lengthy discussions with people who don't share my point of view and those who do.

I stopped reading the posts in this thread after the series of attacks became tiresome but there is certainly in this thread - and others - a tendency for some people to play the man and not the ball. I don't know who photo phreak is but the language is completely unnecessary. There are a few others who talk like this on the forum but not too many. It is pleasing to see others are willing to call photo phreak on it. My experience is that arguing with malicious posters is usually fruitless as they simply want to call you names and don't care to discuss the issue. Eventually, I give up.

In the end, I feel that you are welcome here and welcome to disagree. I don't think we've always disagreed nor have we always agreed. Don't think that your position here depends on whether somebody with 67 posts thinks you are wanted.

Jan 14, 2014, 01:47

vivakomeda
744 posts

Thank you hito, there is sensibility in your post.

I don't mind the disagreements, and often enjoy them and can learn from them.

Jan 14, 2014, 03:10

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Well, this was fun, checking back in, would've been nice to stay longer, but I can't tolerate a troll being tolerated let alone not even being recognized. I have zero desire to keep upsetting anyone besides the troll. So, I'll leave. Take care.

Jan 14, 2014, 05:30

vivakomeda
744 posts

So just leave. Why do you need to declare it?

I mean honestly, who the hell cares?

Jan 14, 2014, 07:20

PhotoPhreak
PhotoPhreak
79 posts

Well, one last thing: This person with 68 or whatever posts was once one of the most hardcore, prolific members of this forum, with a post count in the thousands before everything was reset, if post counts even mean anything. As I said, one of the reasons for my disconnecting years ago was the presence of trolls like vivakomeda. Ultimately, it doesn't even matter whether vivakomeda is an intentional or an unintentional troll, the effect is the same. Were it not for the apparent support for vivakomeda from multiple non-trolls, I wouldn't be leaving, I would tenaciously hound the troll with solid reasoning until he either shut up, left, transformed into a genuine participant, or got expelled. But I'm the opposite of a troll, so I won't disturb whatever diseased symbiotic relationship seems to exist between the troll and the trolled, I'll just go. But let it be noted that no one has disputed the substance of any of my points with any substance of their own, only a bunch of mere distaste for my style, a style which has been wholly deserved by vivakomeda. Perhaps one or more of you could do me that favor, as a parting gift. For example, this:

"Would you have said all that trash about Laetitia to Laetitia, to her face, in person, hanging out in the lobby, chilling at a party? Would you have even dared to Skype it? Doubtful. So, again: What in the fuck is your deal? What kind of person are you, who would be that way here?"

Let me be clear: If I were in the same physical room as vivakomeda, I'd be saying the exact same things I've said, to him, to his face, in the exact same way. But then, he wouldn't have said what he said to Laetitia's face, portrayed her as an ignorant schoolgirl pamphleteer. So, I wouldn't have had any reason to call him out in person, because he would've been too cowardly to say anything so nasty and baseless to her in person, in front of other people in person, let alone a roomful of Stereolab fans. Or maybe it's not cowardice, but simply that being in person would trigger in him a modicum of basic human decency and maybe even a small measure of fairness, thoughtfulness. The fact that he feels free here to be so corrosive, flippant, rude is a testament to his trollness. The fact that it's me being taken to task for bluntly confronting him about all that, is an unfunny joke. You all are siding with the opposite dude you should be. So be it. Viva Stereolab!

Jan 14, 2014, 07:32

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

PhotoPhreak wrote:
Well, one last thing: This person with 68 or whatever posts was once one of the most hardcore, prolific members of this forum, with a post count in the thousands before everything was reset, if post counts even mean anything. As I said, one of the reasons for my disconnecting years ago was the presence of trolls like vivakomeda. Ultimately, it doesn't even matter whether vivakomeda is an intentional or an unintentional troll, the effect is the same. Were it not for the apparent support for vivakomeda from multiple non-trolls, I wouldn't be leaving, I would tenaciously hound the troll with solid reasoning until he either shut up, left, transformed into a genuine participant, or got expelled. But I'm the opposite of a troll, so I won't disturb whatever diseased symbiotic relationship seems to exist between the troll and the trolled, I'll just go. But let it be noted that no one has disputed the substance of any of my points with any substance of their own, only a bunch of mere distaste for my style, a style which has been wholly deserved by vivakomeda. Perhaps one or more of you could do me that favor, as a parting gift. For example, this:

"Would you have said all that trash about Laetitia to Laetitia, to her face, in person, hanging out in the lobby, chilling at a party? Would you have even dared to Skype it? Doubtful. So, again: What in the fuck is your deal? What kind of person are you, who would be that way here?"

Let me be clear: If I were in the same physical room as vivakomeda, I'd be saying the exact same things I've said, to him, to his face, in the exact same way. But then, he wouldn't have said what he said to Laetitia's face, portrayed her as an ignorant schoolgirl pamphleteer. So, I wouldn't have had any reason to call him out in person, because he would've been too cowardly to say anything so nasty and baseless to her in person, in front of other people in person, let alone a roomful of Stereolab fans. Or maybe it's not cowardice, but simply that being in person would trigger in him a modicum of basic human decency and maybe even a small measure of fairness, thoughtfulness. The fact that he feels free here to be so corrosive, flippant, rude is a testament to his trollness. The fact that it's me being taken to task for bluntly confronting him about all that, is an unfunny joke. You all are siding with the opposite dude you should be. So be it. Viva Stereolab!

Don't go PhotoPhreak. This is all a bit Drama Queeny. I think vivakomeda is an odious creep, espousing a political philosophy that I have seen - and am still seeing every day - destroying many lives, creating wealth for a privilged few while the rest are left to rot (etc.).

Jan 14, 2014, 11:52

hito
hito
1745 posts

So somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't make them an "odious creep". Vivakomeda is not setting fire to minorities or planning genocide. So (his?) views are unpleasant to you, try to distance the "man" from the words.
Photophreak needs to accept that - If nothing else - vivakomeda is not a troll, at least not in the true sense of the word.
I am sure both members can stay here and enjoy themselves. They now know they have different points of view and so should be prepared to agree to disagree. I would say they might both want to learn not to have the last word and let it go (as I need to, sometimes). They could also decide not to reply to some future posts. There are a few members here where I simply don't reply to posts or threads by them. Occasionally, I break that rule but rarely. I assume some others have the same view of me.

Jan 15, 2014, 22:15

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index