Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why such political uniformity here?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Why such political uniformity here?

Well I think you've at least answered the original question.

Views that differ from yours aren't welcome, because "you've seen what that philosophy's done to people". If you're comfortable with that approach, you're comfortable with it.

But it means that you will never, ever change.

Jan 15, 2014, 22:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Well I think you've at least answered the original question.

Views that differ from yours aren't welcome, because "you've seen what that philosophy's done to people". If you're comfortable with that approach, you're comfortable with it.

But it means that you will never, ever change.

You are so full of shit. If you'll remember this whole thing kicked off from you ridiculing Laetitia' s views - which are always so full of caring and compassion.

Jan 15, 2014, 22:54

vivakomeda
744 posts

Yes, I strongly disagree with her outlook. I don't think she's full of compassion at her core. I think she's angry, and to an extent is attempting to explain to herself why she and perhaps friends of hers have struggled with elements of life.

I'd be very interested to hear her for once reflect about herself, rather than the world around her.

Jan 15, 2014, 23:30

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I thought The Trip was pretty relevant as far as personal reflection goes.

Stereolab's discography is peppered with reflection as well..Black Arts and Monstre Sacre come to mind.

politics aside, I think she comes across in an extremely kind way in recent years. I was lucky enough to visit with her a couple years ago at a show. she was really gracious and engaging.

Jan 15, 2014, 23:37

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Sorry, I should have explained the word 'Compassion' - clearly not a word you right-wingers understand

comapssion, n. Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

Jan 15, 2014, 23:55

vivakomeda
744 posts

Yes, this is part of my frustration. You can tell there's this incredible person there. I've seen them 7 times and every time was charmed, to put it mildly, but her stage presence and the way she carried herself. Not to mention the work itself, which is brilliant.

But then a song like "Auscultation" will come along. I find it hard to recommend a record to friends when that kind of thing is in the middle of it.

Jan 15, 2014, 23:59

vivakomeda
744 posts

Are your posts compassionate?

Jan 15, 2014, 23:59

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Are your posts compassionate?

Sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up. i should have known that the concept would deeply confuse you.

Jan 16, 2014, 00:09

vivakomeda
744 posts

Snarky.

You can feel self-satisfied if you'd like, but let the record show that one of us was up for a discussion and the other wasn't.

Jan 16, 2014, 00:14

vista7@hotmail.com
337 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
I suspect every person on this forum fancies him/herself open-minded. Free thinking. Intelligent. Capable of critical thought and reasoning. Perhaps intellectual to an extent.

If this is the case, why is there so generally so little diversity of political opinion in this forum?

I have never posted any political views on this board. It's really kind of a waste of time in my opinion. I mean, I am basically conservative from a fiscal point of view, but I don't see the point in finding someone else with my views or debating the point with someone who doesn't share my views. I suspect there are many people who are from Europe here and have views that slant to the left. I post on a board for one of my favorite sports teams and the political post are really nauseating. I think the only reason people post these types of topics is to say "I have this political view and I am right, and if you don't agree you are an a-hole!" I am sure there are a lot of boards where the sole purpose is to spout on politics but I'd rather stay away.

Jan 16, 2014, 01:23

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index