Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
*****THIS WEEK'S TOP 10 ALBUMS*****
17 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2140 posts

Re: *****THIS WEEK'S TOP 10 ALBUMS*****

lereostab wrote:
Hancock's 'Thrust' is one heck of a funky album, that and 'Headhunters' are my 2 favourites from Herb'

Indeed those were the first two I got my hands on when I was getting into that kind of music in my 20s, so have been with me for many years now. I picked up Headhunters on it's reputation, followed shortly by Thrust based on the brilliance of the cover :D

I am very excited, because I will see Herbie perform in just a few weeks! He will give a talk in the auditorium an hour before the show, then play for probably about 2 and a half hours a career retrospective, covering all eras :) I have tried to check recent video clips but it is hard to anticipate how the show will be, as I'm not sure who will be in the band (which seems to change often according to requirements). I believe it may be a quartet but the personnel are not confirmed. The show is in the auditorium of a 7 star hotel in Abu Dhabi, so should be pretty sweet :D

Of course the dream for me would have been to witness his 70s band in a small club back in the day, but unlike the cover of Thrust I don't have a time machine. He still plays the classics from those years, so even though he seems to use keytar more than rhodes these days I'm sure it's gonna be a great night!

Jan 24, 2014, 06:14