Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
youtube annoyances
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

youtube annoyances

After so many nags I made a mistake and created a channel on youtube linking to google+. So now I have two channels, one with my real name, which is apparently the default.

I never use google+. It seems to use this channel with my real name whenever I want to view a video, or add one to a playlist. Very very annoying. Yet the process to remove that channel is fraught danger, my fear that I'm going to inadvertently delete my good channel with years of playlist collecting.

So time consuming to try to deal with this I just don't. No email help available, only their forum, which probably has a zillion threads to read through with some variations of my issue.

Feel free to vent here. I figure we use youtube all the time on here, so others may have issues as well. Not looking for solutions necessarily, eventually I will find the time to fix my issue...

Mar 24, 2014, 18:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: youtube annoyances

I didn't like when they changed the recommended videos in the sidebar from ones related to the current video, to mostly things you have watched previously plus a bunch of completely irrelevant sponsered crap :)

Mar 24, 2014, 18:58

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Exactly the same thing here. It sucks.

Mar 24, 2014, 19:32

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I didn't like when they changed the recommended videos in the sidebar from ones related to the current video, to mostly things you have watched previously plus a bunch of completely irrelevant sponsered crap :)

I hadn't noticed that yet. I have discovered a lot of music via related videos, that would really truly suck.

Mar 24, 2014, 19:40

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

I'm always careful to never link any accounts, or else you tend to get things popping up everywhere "you are doing such and such" on FB and stuff. If you don't use google+, maybe you could just change your display name for that? Although I have never used this, so not sure if it's possible....

Mar 24, 2014, 19:55

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Hobobachang wrote:

I hadn't noticed that yet. I have discovered a lot of music via related videos, that would really truly suck.

Maybe I exaggerated slightly (usually only a couple of "sponsered" links) but at least half the suggestions seem to have changed to "recommended for you" (based on previous viewing), rather than "related" to the current video?

Mar 24, 2014, 19:56

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

something changed a year or so ago. it somehow managed to wipe out all my saved playlists and top rated videos which were all very well organized. I threw in the towel at that point and just watch random stuff when inspired.

Mar 24, 2014, 19:58

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

I can't find in me to criticize youtube. Probably the best site on the net.

Mar 24, 2014, 20:19

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Same problem here. I have two channels and it is a real pain.

Mar 25, 2014, 00:59

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Yup, YouTube is a fine thing, but pretty much the same thing happened to me. One day it just out of the blue asked me if I wanted to link up to my Google+ account (which I never use and can't remember my user name/password to delete) and it got rid of all my Favourite videos - yet it somehow managed to find a clip of my brother arsing around on some sporting equipment that I'd long forgotten about. At least it did let me post the Go On Peg video:

which is probably the finest and noblest thing I've managed to do on the Internet ever. And another thing, iTunes asked me to do similar and has locked my account and whenever I try and reset my user name/pasword it sends the details off to some old email address that I'm no longer aware of and also…

*walks off into the distance mumblimg to himself*

Mar 25, 2014, 01:02

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index