Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
youtube annoyances
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Re: youtube annoyances

meanchico wrote:
something changed a year or so ago. it somehow managed to wipe out all my saved playlists and top rated videos which were all very well organized. I threw in the towel at that point and just watch random stuff when inspired.

Noooo!

Poor google+ wants so badly to be everyone's social hub. Plus wants so badly to do what they all do, gather as much data about us as possible.

I appreciate social media so much, especially facebook and youtube, I feel like we're lucky in some ways to have all this stuff at our fingertips. But the people who make decisions and some people who design some of these things, can be numbskulls.

Mar 25, 2014, 05:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Yup, YouTube is a fine thing, but pretty much the same thing happened to me. One day it just out of the blue asked me if I wanted to link up to my Google+ account (which I never use and can't remember my user name/password to delete) and it got rid of all my Favourite videos - yet it somehow managed to find a clip of my brother arsing around on some sporting equipment that I'd long forgotten about. At least it did let me post the Go On Peg video:

which is probably the finest and noblest thing I've managed to do on the Internet ever. And another thing, iTunes asked me to do similar and has locked my account and whenever I try and reset my user name/pasword it sends the details off to some old email address that I'm no longer aware of and also…

*walks off into the distance mumblimg to himself*

That video is awesome.

I guess I'm lucky that my channel is intact, I love being a music packrat.

Oh shit, I just checked, and now my name is associated with my cyberpainter channel, I don't want that! What the heck?

Mar 25, 2014, 05:09

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

I can see that it's really buggy as hell too, when I switch back and forth between the google+ associated channel, and my old channel, it balks at doing it properly.

Anyone who thinks their stuff has disappeared might try again a few times, it may reappear like stuff just did for me.

Mar 25, 2014, 05:13

hito
hito
1745 posts

nww.youtube.com

I already said this but I despise the whole regionalisation of youtube. The www has become the nww. It is such a backward step.

Mar 25, 2014, 12:12

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

This is the best thing for youtube

http://www.flv2mp3.com/

Mar 25, 2014, 14:49

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

thomas2 wrote:

Does anybody know, what format does Youtube save the audio as on their servers?

I'm curious because I'm picky with sound quality... I'd really like to save the audio as FLAC instead of MP3. Also, it's never recommended to re-encode an MP3 to another MP3... it's like making a photo-copy of a photo-copy. This is what worries me about the MP3 programs like the link above... unless it somehow downloads server-stored MP3 without re-encoding again?

Mar 25, 2014, 17:29

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Well yes the sound quality on youtube is very variable...

Mar 25, 2014, 17:30

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Labhead wrote:
thomas2 wrote:

Does anybody know, what format does Youtube save the audio as on their servers?

I'm curious because I'm picky with sound quality... I'd really like to save the audio as FLAC instead of MP3. Also, it's never recommended to re-encode an MP3 to another MP3... it's like making a photo-copy of a photo-copy. This is what worries me about the MP3 programs like the link above... unless it somehow downloads server-stored MP3 without re-encoding again?

I believe re~encoding definitely takes place. So not the best option for sound quality, but sometimes it can be passable provided the original video has excellent audio.

Mar 25, 2014, 17:54

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Or offliberty which will give you links to mp3 and also video.

Mar 25, 2014, 18:00

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I'm so happy with youtube.com! No need for MP3's usually get a freebie with vinyl purchase. I can listen to a chunk of music.

Mar 26, 2014, 23:50

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index