Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Lost track"....?
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

"Lost track"....?

BS....or legit? The same youtube channel also has a Beach House "lost track" and....Garbage?

"Published on Mar 25, 2014: Here is a lost track by Stereolab from their Dots and Loops LP."

I think a week too early with the upload :P

Mar 29, 2014, 04:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

I call BS! Those synths sound like some VST preset. Still, quite well done I suppose. The Beach House one is more convincing, whoever did this managed to recreate the sounds pretty well I think (although still could use a bit more reverb)....

Mar 29, 2014, 07:05

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re:

And the bass so high in the mix is, yeah no. They've got some basics down though.

Mar 29, 2014, 08:26

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re:

cyberpainter wrote:
And the bass so high in the mix is, yeah no. They've got some basics down though.

Doesn't even sound like a real bass, more like VST instrument also :)

Mar 29, 2014, 08:31

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re:

Clear BS.

Mar 30, 2014, 00:09

mikka000
1083 posts

Re:

BS for sure. there is none of the McEntire touch OR Mouse on mars touch.

Mar 30, 2014, 07:05

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Re:

This is BS as in Bogus Stuff indeed. It's one thing to copy the obvious filtered organ sound and use the certain seventh chords. But does the person who did it have any fucking idea about how the drums were recorded or what instrument/amp did Richard Harrison use at the time? No!

Apr 07, 2014, 16:20