Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your top 10 concerts of all time
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: Your top 10 concerts of all time

thomas2 wrote:
I did the same for my GF last year, went to see 30 Seconds To Mars with her, for her, in Birmingham.

Ouch! Dashed noble of you sir :D

Apr 03, 2014, 19:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
746 posts

Stereolab + Air + Sondre Lerche at the Hollywood Bowl.

All sounded great with the help of a small orchestra (including Air, whom I'd seen previously and didn't particularly rate).

Apr 04, 2014, 04:07

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

but what about the other 9 best gigs of your life? Come on man!!

Apr 04, 2014, 07:42

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

Gigs just ain't the same when you're 40.

I think I'm gonna make a point of getting tanked up in future. I'd love to get E'd up if (when) New Order come back to Glasgow. Who's with me?!?

Apr 05, 2014, 00:24

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

I'll catch the Easyjet up from Luton, see you in the city centre!!

Apr 05, 2014, 14:42

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

thomas2 wrote:
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!

I'll catch the Easyjet up from Luton, see you in the city centre!!

DEAL!!

Apr 08, 2014, 12:09

vivakomeda
746 posts

Ha. It'd be a pretty dull list I think - mostly comprised of the times I've seen Stereolab and Broadcast.

Some of the best gigs I've been to are a result of stuff unrelated to the music, or me coming in with low expectations. Add n to (x) was like that - I showed up because tickets were cheap and the venue was unusual, and they came out and fucking ROCKED. First time I saw Blonde Redhead, same story.

For the record the Stereolab gig that sticks out most in my mind was on the Cobra tour. Whatever people think of that record (I loved it), they were just on their game on stage back then.

Apr 26, 2014, 05:02

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

The wildest show I ever went to was Depeche Mode, after Black Celebration or BlACK Celebration tour. It was wild. I was only 15 and their were people f'n in the womans restreoom stall.
These two older guys got me and my friend stoned on some like embalmo whack weed. and man Depeche Mode and their fans were cRazY~!!!! There were people doing it at the back of the stadium. child prostitutes pulling up in limos!!!
freak show!!
THE EVENING I BECAME PARTIALLY AN ADULT THANKS TO DEPECHE MODE.
AND THEY SOUNDED Really good and put on a fascinating captivating rocking stadium event.

Apr 26, 2014, 15:52

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

are you sure you were paying any attention to the music?

Apr 26, 2014, 18:24

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

yES, BECAUSE IT WAS ALL TOO SCARY.

Apr 30, 2014, 04:01

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index