Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Your top 10 concerts of all time
50 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Your top 10 concerts of all time

thomas2 wrote:
Mine:-

7. New Order, London Finsbury Park Supertent, 1987

10. Elastica, Oxford Jericho Tavern, c. 1993

And your first ever gig? Mine was Howard Jones, Brighton Centre, 1985, I was about 12 years old! I loved it.

Wow, old New Order and Elastica, I'm jealous!

My first was Jawbox at the Chicago Metro when I was around 18 (around 1993 or '94).

Top 10? Hmmm....

Stereolab - of course. Best was probably my first time, when Morghan Lhote was still in the band, probably her last tour with them at the Metro in Chicago.

Portishead (saw them twice, for their 2nd and third albums) - if you ever get a chance, they are fantastic!

Devo

Siouxsie and the Banshees - their last tour when they played their OLD less-popular stuff

The Creatures in St Louis in the mid-90's (she wore black leather is about all I remember)

Foo Fighters at Lollapalooza - they rocked harder than anyone I've ever seen, although I'm not a big hard rock guy

Die Antwoord at Lollapalooza

Thievery Corporation

Underworld at the Metro in Chicago - won't they ever come back? It's been too long!

Peter Hook and the Light at the Double Door in Chicago - playing New Order's first 2 albums along with b-sides in chronological order, complete. My favorite New Order material!

Mar 31, 2014, 17:26

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: